#5 Elijah Tsatas

I think this post jinxed he big man :smiling_face_with_tear:

Go the celts!

Funny thing, I also was just wondering whether or not I was indecisive.

1 Like

I had an operation on both knees for meniscal tears. Not a big deal. They went in via a hole (no cutting) actually watched both operations on the monitor. Walked (limped) out of hospital 2 days later. Not sure there is any treatment to a meniscal tear without an op. as the cartilage itself wonā€™t heal. I am talking about 5 years ago and am not up-to-date with any new procedures.

11 Likes

Tell me more about this. Sorry, just being pedantic.

ā€¦ Ouch

An excellent pizza joint.

Essendon draftee Elijah Tsatas will miss the first month of the AFL season after undergoing knee surgery, reports the The Age.

Tsatas was sent in for surgery last week after tearing his meniscus and the report suggests heā€™ll sit out the next eight to 10 weeks.

Given the season is six weeks away, Tsatas will likely sit out until at least Round 4 before making his return to the field.

While the No. 5 draft pick was impressing throughout his first pre-season, Essendon will likely take a cautious approach to his return, and itā€™s expected heā€™ll need match practice before making a senior debut.

In other injury news, star forward Peter Wright joined the clubā€™s rehab group at training on Tuesday after suffering a minor calf injury.

While heā€™s yet to return to full training, the Bombers expect him to be fit and ready to go for both of the clubā€™s pre-season games on February 23 against Gold Coast and March 3 against Essendon.

The report also added that utility Nik Cox will have an MRI in the coming days for a slight lower back issue.

2 Likes

When was the last time Cox done a full training session ? Seems odd that he is yet to do an MRI.

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ Given St. Kilda the bumā€™s rush, have we ? Proper order, too. Our second team would give our firsts more of a fight than the Tartsā€™ team.

Haha, I didnā€™t even notice that! Sort of in line with the StKilda training photo gallery that was in the Essendon app a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s typical SEN.

Cox hasnā€™t been in full training for 2 weeks after a big hit in which he injured his back.

I assume he had a scan then which showed some damage and now he needs another scan to see if it has healed before he can resume training again.

3 Likes

So Tsatas makes his debut between rounds 5 and 10.

Not ideal but no biggie.

wasnā€™t he coming from a bit of a way back to begin with ? now missing even more training plus actual games.

If heā€™s in the side between rdā€™s 5-10 then the club has learnt nothing and the new coaches will be making similar mistakes previous coaching panels have made. ala picking players on name alone (or in this case, draft no.)

There is no possible way heā€™d be fit for afl level football anywhere near the first half of the season.

6 Likes

Even if we do plan to play him, whose spot does he take?

Hamā€™s.

3 Likes

fk ok then

The messenger of doom. As usual. FFS

2 Likes

so youā€™d be ok with the club picking someone who would be underdone fitness wise between rds 5-10 ?
merely cos he was a high draft pick ?
Also has picking injured or underdone players in the past worked ?

you can call it doom and gloom (thatā€™s a projection of you) I merely call it pattern recognition. how you choose to take and see it is on you.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not wrong though, Tsatas missed a large chunk of last season with a foot injury which had him way behind the 8 ball with fitness.

Now his injured the lower body again, well thatā€™s hardly going to aid in catching back up

6 Likes