#5 Elijah Tsatas

He genuinely looks like Chris Judd when he plays.

Great pick up

5 Likes

Iā€™ll probably get around to it eventually.

Maybe others might want to consider deleting a few hundred posts in the draft thread too.

6 Likes
23 Likes

Based on the highlights, could not be happier with this pick. Go well Elijah.

2 Likes

Tatters.

Explosive pace accumulator mid is not something we have on our list. All other parts of the game are teachable really.

3 Likes

Well it came down to a race in two. We went with the more fancied pick, and l have no complaints. We win either way we choose with these 2.

3 Likes

VOSSY GETS HIS MAN

1 Like

I know what you mean with that ability to look at a tackler and just know that hes got his measure, burn him for pace and then have time to straighten back up in clear open space and kick unimpeded.

2 Likes

Who did you want?

Fantastic

I didnā€™t see enough of this yearā€™s group to have an opinion. But pile-ons against newly drafted Essendon players ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off.

34 Likes

Dang, I missed it

As much as he was not my preference (Humphrey), the fact is this guy has a lot of physical development left in him.

We seriously have no idea what these kids could turn into, for example nobody could have predicted that a skinny 3rd tall Nat Fyfe would become a big powerful inside mid superstar or that Bont would be as good as he was.

187cm inside/outside
Big frame
Fast twitch fibres/power

I can imagine him being a Jack McRae style ball magnet. Hope is given a good apprenticeship in the VFL to work on his defensive running and tackle numbers.

3 Likes

Welcome Tsatas. Should be a ripping player and the one key we need to unlock Wardlaw from the tin rattlers.

2 Likes

Anyone who is disappointed with this pick needs to seriously have a look at themselves in the mirror.

This kid was the most prolific midfielder in the draft.

He played 6 games and was named the best player on the ground in 5 of those 6 games.

He has blistering pace and explosiveness, can accumulate at will, has height and adds a dynamic that we donā€™t already have but also what a lot of teams donā€™t have.

Excellent pick.

100 Likes

Heā€™s a jet and a big frame, will fill out well.

6 Likes

hes gonna need to work on his confidence, start rating yourself a bit more elijah the first

2 Likes

All in all Iā€™m quite Tsatasfied with the selection.

22 Likes

Great get, will be awesome

I was on the Phillipou bandwagon a couple of weeks ago (purely due to hearing him speak in a couple of interviews and a few highlights) but there is absolutely NO way you can argue against those stats. That is A+ elite.

With 5 clubs after us also passing on Phillipou, it just makes sense.

16 Likes