5 things you are legitimately looking forward to this season

1. New movies
  2. TV
  3. Old movies
  4. Stuff I taped
  5. More stuff I taped

Win win win.
And then have this Bombers team also be known as the Warriors to us fans that live every minute of the journey with them.

Let's ask the question, what would make people happier this year, to win say 5 games, and get pick 3 or to win less and get pick 1?

Can not put a price on culture. This team needs to strive to be the best it can and not fall into the trap of excuses or ‘waiting’ for the 12 to return. Worst case scenario and none of the 12 ever return… so this year is potentially the most important development year the club has ever had.

Also if Disco can’t turn pick 3 into a winner then I’d be very surprised… see Parish and Francis.

Let's ask the question, what would make people happier this year, to win say 5 games, and get pick 3 or to win less and get pick 1?

There is no debate about this. We are Essendon.

1. Winning ANZAC Day infront of 80k fans
  2. Parish winning ANZAC medal infront of his childhood team
  3. Eades sprinting from opposition players till early morn’
  4. Joe kicking 40+
  5. Players successful in their Swiss Court Appeal.
I would not trade pick 1 for omera btw

Me either.
In fact I probably wouldn’t swap pick 3 for him.

petrevski-seaton hype train?

History will show that picks 2 and 3 won't see you get a dip in quality from pick 1 too much. I can't see us getting a pick lower than 3, and I'd happily take 3 and a few morale boosting wins (which probably means a lot more players showed something) than getting rolled week in week out.

Spoon free since '33.

And sometimes pick 3 … or even 5* can turn out to be better than pick 1 …

(*as will become evident in 2016)

History will show that picks 2 and 3 won’t see you get a dip in quality from pick 1 too much. I can’t see us getting a pick lower than 3, and I’d happily take 3 and a few morale boosting wins (which probably means a lot more players showed something) than getting rolled week in week out.

Spoon free since '33.

Pick 1 or pick 3, pffft.

It’s a deep draft (supposedly), our pick 18 will still be a jet. No point trading for pick 1 or 3

Definitely prefer 5 wins and pick 3.

Then watch Fark Carlton burn yet another pick 1 whilst our pick 3 turns out to be a jet…farking glorious.

When Essendon’s key players pull the pin and go to other clubs at the end of the year the AFL steps in and allows Essendon to retain their top ups who have exceeded all expectations and have been a more than effective replacements.

Good Bombers!

Win, of course. fmd

1. The appeal & hopeful win
  2. Seeing Parish play.
  3. Anzac Day - would love to see a win there
  4. Hearing if any of the 12 re-sign
  5. The draft picks.

1. French Speaking Surrender Monkeys
Win.

Wot e sed.

Win 5 games and have a culture of fighting to win. Melbourne a classic example of now for years learning to win games after loading up draft picks. Culture of a club vital…we play to win at all costs.

That would be a great result. It would also mean our youngsters would have to be showing plenty, so the future would be looking for very bright.

1. Competativeness
  2. For a couple of top up players to grab the opportunity and prove they deserve another go
  3. For the 2nd to 4th year players to show they have progressed and that they can be the core of something special in the next year or two
  4. Some excitement from the draftees
  5. Competitiveness
Myself, and a few other blitzers, sat through a winless and dreary Bendigo VFL season a few years ago. There were still positive things to see and reasons to go. This year will be a stroll in the park.
  1. The Langford flying for marks, and if they dont stick he’ll waltz out of the pack with the footy in slow mo matrix style.
  2. Mckernan following up a versatile year with another. Impressed the hell out of me with his around the ground competitiveness.
  3. Watching youngsters like both merretts, Parish, Orazio and Laverde getting midfield minutes (and hopefully seeing Goddard, Bird, Zaha, Crowley, kelly et al feed off their enthusiasm)
  4. Dempsey. Got a good feeling about CD this year. Reportedly settled and happy, fit too. Showed a bit late last year forward of the footy.
  5. A running game. Eades, Tippa, Raz, zerrett, dempsey, jerrett, Lav, morgan, edwards, parish, zaha, glees, ashby. We should be speedy and hard running.

Theres five. Plus i think joe will take another step. Francis will be fascinating. Longy im looking forward to seeing. Mitch Brown can play, no mistake. Bags is hard as f…k. Ambrose too.

Oh yeah. And its essendon. Counts for heaps.

10,000 likes!