5 things you are legitimately looking forward to this season

September when the twelve start their pre-season early and the weight of the past is lifted from their shoulders and ours and Tulla is packed out for the welcome back first training session.

1000 likes!

Myself, and a few other blitzers, sat through a winless and dreary Bendigo VFL season a few years ago. There were still positive things to see and reasons to go. This year will be a stroll in the park.

1. The Langford flying for marks, and if they dont stick he’ll waltz out of the pack with the footy in slow mo matrix style.
  2. Mckernan following up a versatile year with another. Impressed the hell out of me with his around the ground competitiveness.
  3. Watching youngsters like both merretts, Parish, Orazio and Laverde getting midfield minutes (and hopefully seeing Goddard, Bird, Zaha, Crowley, kelly et al feed off their enthusiasm)
  4. Dempsey. Got a good feeling about CD this year. Reportedly settled and happy, fit too. Showed a bit late last year forward of the footy.
  5. A running game. Eades, Tippa, Raz, zerrett, dempsey, jerrett, Lav, morgan, edwards, parish, zaha, glees, ashby. We should be speedy and hard running.

Theres five. Plus i think joe will take another step. Francis will be fascinating. Longy im looking forward to seeing. Mitch Brown can play, no mistake. Bags is hard as f…k. Ambrose too.

Oh yeah. And its essendon. Counts for heaps.

Barracking against the odds.
Supporting and embracing every player no matter how they got to us.
Watching development happen.
Any good news re the 34.
The draft
Doing best 22s for 2017.

Laverde
Landford
Parish
Yestin
Crowley v The corker

1. Watching my team play each week
  2. Seeing fringe players of the past step up
  3. Having 3 of the top 5 in the rising star
  4. Winning that first game against the odds
  5. Seeing our best young players on show every week
I'm really not trying to be a Debbie Downer here. But I had a look at the best 22 thread last week, and it's not pretty.

I think Essendon might, might beat Carlton this year.
Forget GC, forget GWS, certainly forget Melbourne.
The Essendon side is basically five year-olds, people who haven’t stepped up, retirees, VFL players and Brendon Goddard.
GC have us much chance of beating our first quarter record against us as we have of beating them. They had a hell of a lot better set-up in that game than we’ll have.

I feel real, real bad for people talking about top ten finishes.
The reality is some of our opponents are going to be paying $1.04 for the win, and $1.90 for more than twelve goals. And both will be value.

1. Wim being proven wrong.
I like this thread.
  1. Maybe beating Carlton with a team of retirees and rejects
  2. Watching the development of our up and coming players - mainly Joe
  3. The seasons end
  4. Draft picks
  5. blank

Alternatively, here are 5 things I am not looking forward to in 2016:

1. Losing most of our games (last year was hard enough)
  2. Seeing a team without Jobe, Stants, Heppell, etc.
  3. Losing another ANZAC day game
  4. The young guys being potentially demoralised week-in, week-out
  5. Potentially losing the appeal and being wide open to duty-of-care lawsuits, etc.

If you like this thread so much then don’t poop in it.

Elaborate on what ‘poop’ is in my post? Or are you objecting just for the hell of objecting?

When you saw a thread entitled “5 things you are legitimately looking forward to this season” what made you decide to post 5 things you are NOT looking forward to this season? In these difficult times do you reckon we click on this thread to read negative comments? We’re all doing it tough, we all know the deal, this isn’t exactly going to be the Year 2000 reprised. Threads like this are a bit of escapism to help us get through a crappy time.

1. Kochie being frustrated by saying Ryder being suspended won’t hurt Ports finals bid. Port don’t win a Prelim and blame Essendon
  2. TIPPA running the length of the field, kicking a goal and kissing the red sash on his jumper (not a euphemism)
  3. James Kelly/Matthew Stokes/Matt Dea/Simpkin or Crowley kicking a goal and kissing the red sash on their jumper (again, not a euphemism)
  4. Chris Judd coming out of retirement as our last top up player, joining the leadership group, sprinting the length of the field, kicking a goal and kissing the red sash on his jumper
  5. The outrage on Blitz for me even suggesting point number 4
  1. Getting lots of games into our talented younger guys.
  2. Uncovering one or two gems, for example Tippa, who might not have otherwise got a game without the CAS travesty.
  3. One or two of the younger top-up players managing to resurrect their AFL careers due to their stellar performances in 2016.
  4. Seeing Woosha’s game plan in action and finding that the team can actually play to it.
  5. Winning enough games to stay off the bottom. We haven’t finished last since 1933 and I want the tradition to continue.

September when the twelve start their pre-season early and the weight of the past is lifted from their shoulders and ours and Tulla is packed out for the welcome back first training session.

I like this thread.
  1. Maybe beating Carlton with a team of retirees and rejects
  2. Watching the development of our up and coming players - mainly Joe
  3. The seasons end
  4. Draft picks
  5. blank

Alternatively, here are 5 things I am not looking forward to in 2016:

1. Losing most of our games (last year was hard enough)
  2. Seeing a team without Jobe, Stants, Heppell, etc.
  3. Losing another ANZAC day game
  4. The young guys being potentially demoralised week-in, week-out
  5. Potentially losing the appeal and being wide open to duty-of-care lawsuits, etc.

If you like this thread so much then don’t poop in it.

Elaborate on what ‘poop’ is in my post? Or are you objecting just for the hell of objecting?

The new draft picks, certainly the top 5-6 all got huge upside. Parrish and Francis for sure, Eades may be a star, ditto Morgan
Zaka having to deliver as senior mid, getting back to previous best and beyond
Maybe winning just a few games, but scaring higher teams
A functioning forward line - expectations of our mids losing means delivery into 50 unlikely to be quality tho. In this I look forward to smack, Edwards and Joe working together, maybe Eades as well
Our second tier stepping up, kids getting time to settle in team.

1. Seeing the new and fringe players all getting the chance to have a serious crack. Especially watching parish grow throughout the year.
  2. The implosion from opposition fans once we win a game or two.
  3. Seeing Worsfold mound this young group into a crazy talented team of the future.
  4. The return of the 12 to training at the seasons end.
  5. The new high draft picks we will add to the club.
1. Seeing the new and fringe players all getting the chance to have a serious crack. Especially watching parish grow throughout the year. 2. The implosion from opposition fans once we win a game or two. 3. Seeing Worsfold mound this young group into a crazy talented team of the future. 4. The return of the 12 to training at the seasons end. 5. The new high draft picks we will add to the club.

kinkeh…

1. Some of our new recruits doing well specifically Brown, Hartley and Bird. 2. Some our top ups surprising. Specifically Crowley, Simpkin and Grimley. 3. TIPPA and Parish's first game and subsequent 4 goal and 30 touch game respectively. 4. Beating a few teams we have no business beating. 5. The players winning the appeal or re-signing. Either or both. But preferably both.

Is that resign or re-sign?

Fixed

1. Some of our new recruits doing well specifically Brown, Hartley and Bird. 2. Some our top ups surprising. Specifically Crowley, Simpkin and Grimley. 3. TIPPA and Parish's first game and subsequent 4 goal and 30 touch game respectively. 4. Beating a few teams we have no business beating. 5. The players winning the appeal or resigning. Either or both. But preferably both.

Is that resign or re-sign?

1. Some of our new recruits doing well specifically Brown, Hartley and Bird.
  2. Some our top ups surprising. Specifically Crowley, Simpkin and Grimley.
  3. TIPPA and Parish’s first game and subsequent 4 goal and 30 touch game respectively.
  4. Beating a few teams we have no business beating.
  5. The players winning the appeal or re-signing. Either or both. But preferably both.

1 2017
2 TIPPAAAA
3 Carlton’s fifth wooden spoon of the decade

1 Zerrett
2 Laverde
3 Parish
4 Pick 2
5 17 Clubs ****ing themselves if players leave at years end and we get high compo picks

1. The coach and his direction. Reckon our biggest problem in recent years is we haven’t looked like getting our game plan right.

2. The top-ups. You may get slower with age, but, you never lose your skill and talent.

3. The kids.

4. The VFL as a foundation for long term success.

5. Seeing the boys enjoying their footy again.