6 changes vs 3.14159 2.71828 s: the team for round 23 of 2019

So glad Ham didn’t get dropped! He was excellent on the replay of the Freo game.

Actually really excited for these changes. Game means nothing, gives us a chance to get some selection pressure.

4 Likes

Francis too!

3 Likes
2 Likes

The outs were expected I guess. It will be good for those blokes that need it and good for belly to get some touch going into finals having been out for a while.

Absolutely zero pressure on us and a heap on Collingwood as they try to move into the 4. Hopefully we can catch them off guard but ultimately the extra rest some of the key guys are getting will hold us in good stead going into finals

This time he’ll do it for the other three quarters too.

3 Likes

Like the changes anyone not fully fit should not play. This in no way shape or form means we are conceeding the game.

I just want to see us play finials type footy. Manic pressure contest after contest. Players absolutely throwing themselfs in. You don’t have to have your best players in to do this. But you do need 22 fit players.

This should be treated as a final. Anything less then this will be disappointing. The intent matters more than the result in this game.

2 Likes

What did Zerk do wrong? Thought he went ok last week. Is it a match up thing?

1 Like

Yeah, with ambrose presumably moving back to his normal role and hooker coming back.

1 Like

If you look at Pies outs (missing plenty as per us) and their selected side they are really delving to bottom of barrel of their list also

DeGoey - Stringer
Sidebottom - Smith
Beams - Heppell
Stephenson - Fantasia
Cox - Daniher
Langdon - Zaka

Plus many other lesser players out for each side.

I mean who the fark is Magden, Wills and Noble?

3 Likes

Just realised that Robbo is the most turtle-like looking person I’ve ever seen, since that character from Bojack Horseman. Sorry for the interruption- carry on…

1 Like

This is the calmest blitz team thread of all time

11 Likes

learnings

3 Likes

Yep I agree. Things looking much better than a week ago.
We’ve arguably got 16 of our best 22 playing tomorrow night. Backline at full strength.

B Ambrose Hooker Saad
HB McKenna Hurley Gleeson
C McGrath Shiel Redman
HF … Mckernan Langford
F … … Tippa
Ruck TBell Merrett Parish
Interchange DClarke … … …

You’d think Heppell, Fanta and Stringer are all certain to be back for finals.
Brown is essentially best 22 for now, so there are really only 2 spots up for grabs:

These guys fighting over them tomorrow (plus possibly Snelling will make a case later):

Francis
Ham
Laverde
Begley
Jok

Plenty will argue Francis is best 22, but I’m not convinced we can go into a final with all of Francis, Hooker, Ambrose and Hurley. But if they can make it work tomorrow night, there is a good chance they’ll do it.

But Ham, Laverde, Begley and Jok should all be desperate tomorrow night with a finals spot up for grabs

3 Likes

Calm before the storm

1 Like

the storm is forecast for two weeks time
but, as we know, the weather bureau do get things wrong so it may not eventuate

2 Likes

Yep

But you’re seeing why Zerk won’t be Best 22 next season either. We’ll just play Hooker and Hurley until their wheels fall off. And then probably still play them.

1 Like

Essendon approaching finals the last 15 years.

23 Likes

I would imagine so. Bellchambers’ first game back against Grundy, so Smack will probably do more ruck relief than normal. With Stringer out, we need another tall option forward. Enter Hooker.

1 Like

I reckon we are more like that Olympic walker who pooped his pants but still kept going.

3 Likes

I’m predicting at least 4 bullshit ruck frees against us and 2 dangerous tackles.