#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

lol.
Is Tippa in full training?
And seven reduced to two is not semantics.

I’m not gunning for Crow by any means, but losing two (really out of three, pray for Hurley!) best 22 KPPs is disappointing.

I think heading into the season without our CHF and CHB for a month isn’t awesome

8 Likes

Yeah I can get on board with that…

I’m a controversial guy what I can I say

2 Likes

I agree with you. The long term injuries are all very close. Hooker will be round 3-4 and Joey not long after. The list is in very good shape. People have to complain about something though.

It’s not great having players injured, especially keys like those two. But has nothing to do with Crow or fitness team, so I just don’t get some of these calls. It’s like ringing up Ford and abusing them because you had a puncture on the way to work. Anyway…

5 Likes

No need to gild the lily then, is there.

It’s clearly all Croewes fault that phys-edding fraud - ruined Coleman too. Not to mention Tom Lynch - Crowes has completely undermined Lynch’s first pre-season at the Tigers and this has barely been reported on because no other clubs have injuries to key players therefore it can’t have happened.

Time for Justin CrØwe to fall on his sword.

2 Likes

When did we lose Hurley?

about 2 seasons ago

25 Likes

Good old Davey days

1 Like

I’m definitely in the “people are overreacting to the injuries to Hooker/Daniher” camp. We are certainly no worse off than other clubs atm. But to say their injuries have nothing to with Crow and the fitness team… Their training program has a massive influence on injuries and is anything but “nothing” to do with it.

1 Like

Disagree.

Players train. Ours aren’t doing anything wild. They aren’t carrying truck tyres up hills, or running around in jungles. They just train, like all the other players around, and like them, sometimes they get injured.

You pull a calf muscle - the one that you use to step/jump off with…yeah - not Crow’s fault.
You are born with an OP tendency - and then aggravate it while playing your sport - not Crow’s fault. These are standard, normal things that happen to elite sport players, everywhere, all the time.

To single out a person to blame for something like this is frankly - ridiculous. I’m purposely trying to not use stronger adjectives. Crow designs and manages fitness programs, including recovery programs. If he were going totally left-field and doing some wild things, I’d understand. But we don’t do this.

A new injury is beyond his control. Bringing an injured player back up to playing condition is definitely his job. You could argue that he hasn’t handled that part well with a particular player, if you liked. You probably want to have some info to base your argument on though. But blaming him for occurring injuries - ridiculous.

6 Likes

How quickly folk here seem to have forgotten about the dark days of the Weapon!

3 Likes

People have forgotten just how bad our injuries were year after year before Crow arrived.

He’s doing a good job.

10 Likes

Well, ffs, if he’s going to injure players, could he at least injure some spuds?

4 Likes

According to some he has.

3 Likes

I don’t think those positions will be empty. We will have a CHF and a CHB, just not our first choices.

1 Like

Now that would be giving up the corridor.

My perception would be that we’ve seemed to rush players back early a few times in the last year, often not fully up to speed so they don’t perform anyway, and just end up re-injured. Honestly, there’s been a few head scratchers (Fanta and Joe are two that spring up) and it always starts with the same “he’s healing faster than we thought” so we up the pace of getting them back on the field, followed by whatever the new niggle that extends the recovery time on top of having them play half rat player multiple times. That’s been my perception of our injury management, it could be bad luck and they’re making the right decision, but I guess how would us rank file folk ever really know…

1 Like