#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

7 goals 0 points, 35 hit outs, 5 defensive tackles and 8 contested marks at the highest point.

BRING HIM IN

15 games @ 2 goals/game = 30 goals

That would be a solid return for JD.

that'd be a solid return from the whole of our forward line.
Speaking of Joe.. how's the Teen Mo on this guy?

that'd be a solid return from the whole of our forward line.
Speaking of Joe.. how's the Teen Mo on this guy?

hes got Hird's locks but by god is that the ugliest mo I have ever seen

7 goals 0 points, 35 hit outs, 5 defensive tackles and 8 contested marks at the highest point.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Just like most first year players had a couple of AFL games and now knows how difficault it is to play and compete in the AFL level. He will go back to training when he comes back and will work on the things he will need to do to become and stronger and better footy player.
I remember Jobe Watsons first game. It was against Geelong at Ethihad stadium. I'm pretty sure Essendon won by eight goals and Watson only had two handballs for the whole game and i dont think he played the game the week after. I am not putting him down just to show that from those 2 handballs he is now a brownlow medalist.

THE JOBE BASHING HAS TO STOP!!!!!!
In all seriousness though you are spot on with Joementum, he's going to have bad games, bad quarters, bad shots on goal. But over time he is going to become unstoppable.

Impressed with his leading up the field and his attack at marking contests. Missed a couple of marks he would grab in dry conditions and missed two sodas. Second efforts are very good for a big guy. Progressing nicely.

I had quite a Joe-ner in the first half, it settled down in the 2nd half but still satisfied 

JOE COLEMAN

While Joe was impressive last night I still saw enough to suggest that he still doesn't quite have the strength to hold his body position in the contest. A quality that the real elite forwards have. He will be of most value when the ball is put in the air in front of him and he can get a free run and jump at it. If the kick coming in makes him stop and prop, or push back on his defender he will not be as comparatively good as other key forwards around the league.

But as Bomber said, they just have to play him and that will come.

But it just means for those thinking we are in our premiership window right now I would be very pleasantly surprised if we could achieve this with an underdeveloped Joe, a re-cast CHF (Carlisle) and a FB trying to regain his mojo (Hurley). And TBell's absence and expected time to get back up to full condition makes things harder.

Our Midfield options look as good as they have looked for a long time though and this alone will make us competitive in every game we play.

Tbell could quite easily still play 18 games this season

I actually think Winders and Chappy playing 15+ games is perhaps more crucial to us giving it a shake this year.

Both crafty older cats with great goal sense and onfield leadership. You have to feel like the Kommers the Jerrets and Leroys should lift around them. JD and Buckets will cause plenty of headaches irregardless and injury permitting, you'd be expecting they should both kick 25 plus.

Even spread of goals without a heavy reliance on any one player is the key.

While Joe was impressive last night I still saw enough to suggest that he still doesn't quite have the strength to hold his body position in the contest. A quality that the real elite forwards have. He will be of most value when the ball is put in the air in front of him and he can get a free run and jump at it. If the kick coming in makes him stop and prop, or push back on his defender he will not be as comparatively good as other key forwards around the league.

I think you are being harsh on a 2m tall 19 year old. I think he's surprisingly strong and stable in the air for a person of his size and age.

.... But it just means for those thinking we are in our premiership window right now I would be very pleasantly surprised if we could achieve this with an underdeveloped Joe, a re-cast CHF (Carlisle) and a FB trying to regain his mojo (Hurley). And TBell's absence and expected time to get back up to full condition makes things harder.

Our Midfield options look as good as they have looked for a long time though and this alone will make us competitive in every game we play.

Agree, but I think we may be seeing a just formed forward line with Buckets and Joe as the KPFs, as the Lloyd and Lucas for the next generation. Pretty good foundations for a Flag tilt. Throw in Licka and Chappy, and rotate our mids through the other forward positions and I reckon we've got it licked.

I think you are being harsh on a 2m tall 19 year old. I think he's surprisingly strong and stable in the air for a person of his size and age.

.... But it just means for those thinking we are in our premiership window right now I would be very pleasantly surprised if we could achieve this with an underdeveloped Joe, a re-cast CHF (Carlisle) and a FB trying to regain his mojo (Hurley). And TBell's absence and expected time to get back up to full condition makes things harder.

Agree, but I think we may be seeing a just formed forward line with Buckets and Joe as the KPFs, as the Lloyd and Lucas for the next generation. Pretty good foundations for a Flag tilt. Throw in Licka and Chappy, and rotate our mids through the other forward positions and I reckon we've got it licked.

We have this year or next to get a flag I reckon. After that we either lose a number of really important players or at the very least their best is behind them. It's a big ask unfortunately.

Am surprised as to how bad joes kicking for goal is at times.

He was rated in the top 2 picks of his draft year. Surely someone rated so highly would be able to kick for goal better than what he does.

Having said that maybe it’s just learning to cope with the pressure of the game and he will come good naturally.

He would have had 5 goals against GCS if kicked straight.

A very good return.

Come on Joey your the man… You can doo it!

He was rated in the top 2 picks of his draft year. Surely someone rated so highly would be able to kick for goal better than what he does.
Having said that maybe it's just learning to cope with the pressure of the game and he will come good naturally.
A very good return.
Come on Joey your the man.... You can doo it!

yep, saw it last year too.

a concern, needs to get it sorted. Whoever helped Hurley needs to fix Joe

That one he nailed on the run from 55m seems to have been the exception.

Having said that maybe it's just learning to cope with the pressure of the game and he will come good naturally.
A very good return.
Come on Joey your the man.... You can doo it!

How many mark joe take at highest point v Gcs?
How many mobile snap joe kick?
How many joe shank?
How many minutes till lloydy give goal kick lesson joe?

Where's Lloydy.