#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Anyone who thinks that Joe isn’t the best key fwd ever cam fark off

His set-shots will be nervy this year... seems much more likely to dob it on the run/snap...

Crameri was shanking everywhere and then became quite dependable in the last year, so it will most likely be a work in progress.

Am surprised as to how bad joes kicking for goal is at times.
He was rated in the top 2 picks of his draft year. Surely someone rated so highly would be able to kick for goal better than what he does.
Having said that maybe it's just learning to cope with the pressure of the game and he will come good naturally.
He would have had 5 goals against GCS if kicked straight.
A very good return.
Come on Joey your the man.... You can doo it!

yep, saw it last year too.

a concern, needs to get it sorted. Whoever helped Hurley needs to fix Joe

That one he nailed on the run from 55m seems to have been the exception.

It's all between the ears, does it easier when he doesnt have time to think.

This is the case with most youngsters, I just wish more people would be patient with footballers till they get to the point of not worrying about screwing up, and understand that it's the fear of this, that generally leads to them, & it's the compete conquering of it that is the trait of champions.

The collective conquering of it, brings a champion team.

Think Hardy, a perfect example in the last qtr on Monday.

Had done really well till then & is probably thinking so at that point & his head says, "dont stuff it now" and doesn't take the Bomba mantra'd 1st option, rethinks the 2nd. goes back to the 1st, .. too late, & brings to reality what he feared most.

He has gotten better, & he wont forget that one. I'd be surprised if it happens more than once more this year.

It's the rare bird that is cozy enough within, to step in like it's 2nd nature. We've been lucky recently with Heppel & it looks like we've scored another in young Zerret.

If you think you've experienced performance anxiety in, for example, a job interview, or on a 1st date, it's nowhere near that of getting on stage to entertain say, even 50 people.

Imagine what it would be like in front of 40 to 80 thousand, let alone a live TV audience of a million.

When you think about it, it makes players like them all the more remarkable.

Often wondered if our club (or any) ever uses visualisation exercises, or even hypnosis.

If not, I reckon they should seriously consider it. Getting the head right & rid of nerves is far more performance enhancing than any steroid or peptide you could take.

Are beta blockers illegal?? lol.

His set-shots will be nervy this year... seems much more likely to dob it on the run/snap...

Crameri was shanking everywhere and then became quite dependable in the last year, so it will most likely be a work in progress.

If by dependable you mean he was a traitorous snake, then sure, he became that in the last year....

Often wondered if our club (or any) ever uses visualisation exercises, or even hypnosis.

WILSON: BOMBERS CONTINUE BRAINWASHING EFFORTS TO HIDE CLUB FLAWS

■■■■ that, just get a bit of Bull Durham advise to him

Aright Joe. Right as your line up for goal to when you kick it, I want you to breath through your eyelids.

joes marking at the highest pt is speccy

just needs to get the throw the grass in the air technique right to be the next lloydy

only a matter of time before joe jags 100 per season and thats goals not points

joes marking at the highest pt is speccy
just needs to get the throw the grass in the air technique right to be the next lloydy
only a matter of time before joe jags 100 per season and thats goals not points

If he gets 100 goals in a season he'll be the only player ever to have 1,924 shots at goal in a season.

I think he’ll be as good as Lloyd, eventually. Already showing signs.

I think he'll be as good as Lloyd, eventually. Already showing signs.

Modern footy isn't made for high goal scoring full forwards. He may well be, but comparing goals alone won't be the marker.

Bring back the 90's when every round a gun full forward would kick 8 goals plus!

he will never be as good a set shot.

he will never be as good a set shot.

And seriously he has played f all. Signs he will match Lloyd so far equal zero.

I think Joe is going to be an excellent player for us, give us great moments of joy and be a member of our next premiership team.

I'm going to leave it at that.

While Joe was impressive last night I still saw enough to suggest that he still doesn't quite have the strength to hold his body position in the contest. A quality that the real elite forwards have. He will be of most value when the ball is put in the air in front of him and he can get a free run and jump at it. If the kick coming in makes him stop and prop, or push back on his defender he will not be as comparatively good as other key forwards around the league.
But as Bomber said, they just have to play him and that will come.

I think you are being harsh on a 2m tall 19 year old. I think he's surprisingly strong and stable in the air for a person of his size and age.

.... But it just means for those thinking we are in our premiership window right now I would be very pleasantly surprised if we could achieve this with an underdeveloped Joe, a re-cast CHF (Carlisle) and a FB trying to regain his mojo (Hurley). And TBell's absence and expected time to get back up to full condition makes things harder.
Our Midfield options look as good as they have looked for a long time though and this alone will make us competitive in every game we play.

Agree, but I think we may be seeing a just formed forward line with Buckets and Joe as the KPFs, as the Lloyd and Lucas for the next generation. Pretty good foundations for a Flag tilt. Throw in Licka and Chappy, and rotate our mids through the other forward positions and I reckon we've got it licked.

We have this year or next to get a flag I reckon. After that we either lose a number of really important players or at the very least their best is behind them. It's a big ask unfortunately.

Disagree, while it'll be a shame those blokes (ie Jobe, Goddard, Chappy, Winderlich, Stants etc...) we'll have other guys coming into their prime (Heppell, Zaka, Hurley, Carlisle, T-Bell).

think we're primed for a run at the flag for the next 5 years.

While Joe was impressive last night I still saw enough to suggest that he still doesn't quite have the strength to hold his body position in the contest. A quality that the real elite forwards have. He will be of most value when the ball is put in the air in front of him and he can get a free run and jump at it. If the kick coming in makes him stop and prop, or push back on his defender he will not be as comparatively good as other key forwards around the league.
But as Bomber said, they just have to play him and that will come.

I think you are being harsh on a 2m tall 19 year old. I think he's surprisingly strong and stable in the air for a person of his size and age.

.... But it just means for those thinking we are in our premiership window right now I would be very pleasantly surprised if we could achieve this with an underdeveloped Joe, a re-cast CHF (Carlisle) and a FB trying to regain his mojo (Hurley). And TBell's absence and expected time to get back up to full condition makes things harder.
Our Midfield options look as good as they have looked for a long time though and this alone will make us competitive in every game we play.

Agree, but I think we may be seeing a just formed forward line with Buckets and Joe as the KPFs, as the Lloyd and Lucas for the next generation. Pretty good foundations for a Flag tilt. Throw in Licka and Chappy, and rotate our mids through the other forward positions and I reckon we've got it licked.

We have this year or next to get a flag I reckon. After that we either lose a number of really important players or at the very least their best is behind them. It's a big ask unfortunately.

Disagree, while it'll be a shame those blokes (ie Jobe, Goddard, Chappy, Winderlich, Stants etc...) we'll have other guys coming into their prime (Heppell, Zaka, Hurley, Carlisle, T-Bell).

think we're primed for a run at the flag for the next 5 years.

sam mitchel is 31 and a half and showing no signs of reduced output. Watson, stanton and goddard have all been very durable players and none are what i would call bash and crash type players. they are all very intelligent footballers. I think it is reasonable to expect at least 3 good to very good years out of them and possible 4.

in that time i would expect of the current nominal best 22 we will have to replace fletch, licha, chappy and dempsey ( that might surprise some but has always been injury prone and he will be 27 by years end, hope i'm wrong but think we will see increasingly less of him over the next 3 years).

fletch - we have a few options, pears rediscovers his confidence and starts backing himself in one on one, tbell becomes a genuine fwd and we move carlisle back again, gregory comes on.

licha and chappy - both the merrets have shown enough to suggest they will be adequate replacements over the coming years, and you have the option of playing goddard as a more permanent fwd.

dempsey - they need time but i would hope that (i think we have seen enough to be reasonably confident) one of ashby, gleason, edwars pr dalgliesh will play his role very well.

i think this side has 3 to 4 years to do something taking into account the development of hepp, zaha and melk (hopefully kav and maybe browne too) in the midfiled and hurls, carlisle, daniher and tbell as key talls, the slow decline of stanton watson and goddard and the replacement of the other players mentioned above.

am i being overly optimistic to think we are genuine shot at it this year or next with daniher and carlisle still so raw as key forwards? perhaps and no doubt we will need a bit of luck along the way with injury (we actually probably had our best year in living memory for injuries last year with a healthy majority of our key players playing around 80% of games).

i think are ability to win a flag is going to be more tightly governed by the debelopment of GC and GWS (and even syndey, the young midfielders they had on display last night look set to create another menacing team).

just on sydney, and completely off topic here, but they really do seem to have a focus on drafting strong bodied footballers ahead of athletes . mitchell, parker, cunningham and towers (a bit older) all just seem to afl bodies right out of the box. are youngsters (jerrett, kav, ashby, gleeson) don't compare well.

Last 2 years have been the first years where Dempsey has been INCREDIBLE. We are not winding him down now.

Last 2 years have been the first years where Dempsey has been INCREDIBLE. We are not winding him down now.

I hope not

Wow I see Dempsey hitting his prime and good for 5 more years.  Maybe his physicality will taper off in the next few but his decision making and class has a way to go.  Have a look at Watson, Winderlich, Goddard, Stanton, Chapman, all a bit older but their experience really helps them nail the opposition.  Oh yeah Joe will kick many goal but Licha, Chappy, Dempsey and co will kick many pass to him.

Looks like it’s a mental thing with his kicking. Technically he looks sound enough, Hibbo on SEN this week said he puts them through no worries at training. He might just tense up in a game, after having some inaccurate games last year, he might be putting too much pressure on himself. He needs a solid routine, relax, and he will be OK. He may never be Lloyd accurate, but there wouldn’t be too many players in the history of the game that were…

Looks like it's a mental thing with his kicking. Technically he looks sound enough, Hibbo on SEN this week said he puts them through no worries at training. He might just tense up in a game, after having some inaccurate games last year, he might be putting too much pressure on himself. He needs a solid routine, relax, and he will be OK. He may never be Lloyd accurate, but there wouldn't be too many players in the history of the game that were...

FFS people, he's a kid. Assess his kicking in a couple of years time. Give him a bit of time to hit the standard expected of the pros.