#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

Shouldn’t have even played this year at all.
Whilst joeys been optimistic about playing earlier this year, I was told (which I shared on here which I was told by his cousin) he’d be lucky to step foot on the field this year. Obviously his body isn’t right and possibly won’t ever be with OP. We took the risk in trying to manage it and get him to play but it may have just been the wrong choice.

I’m convinced we are mismanaging our players.

4 Likes

Thankfully Juddy would have the courage to intervene if he didn’t think it was right.

1 Like

I know. People calling for heads have no idea, people saying trust the experts have no idea. We’re all just flailing around because it’s news that sucks.

5 Likes

Joey playing this year, is like getting back together with your ex.

For a while (Anzac day) things are great, it feels like the good old days. But very soon (Geelong game) the cracks start to appear again, and then they totally disappear on you for a week only to return with the inevitable bombshell that it’s all over again.

Stop breaking my heart, Joey.

5 Likes

Will be lucky to play again

And then you end up all alone, with an aggravated groin.

7 Likes

The bloke in the SANFL is a expert medical practitioner and most of the conversation went over my head as I have little medical knowledge but in basic terms he said there is plenty of scientific data to link illness and the immune system to soft tissue injury and said clubs are only just starting to get their heads around it. His firm belief is that anyone who has had the flu or a viral infection should miss a week extra as precaution and especially in Fantasia’s case where he already is injury prone.

10 Likes

It’s crap news indeed, no sugar coating it.

People will look for someone to blame - this is understandable, we are potentially losing a generational player to chronic injury in the prime years of his career.

Sometimes it’s okay to just acknowledge that life isn’t fair and suck up the disappointment. The hardest thing for people to swallow might actually be that there is no one to blame for this injury- OP is just a horribly uncertain and problematic condition from a medical and injury management perspective.

Feel for Joe and the playing group.

6 Likes

I’ve had similar clean outs, though not full removal, on both hips. It’s not fun is it.

Anyway, this is Joe’s timeline. Its not great.

1. Plays the opening rounds pushing through groin soreness. Plays 3 times in 11 days. It was quite clear to everyone, he was injured

Round 7 2018. Early onset OP, may miss a block of games to get it right

1. Misses the season

2019 JLT. Plays, then injures a calf on the season eve

Round 5 2019. Brought in to the AFL side as a late late in, when he was scheduled for VFL. Plays 3 games in a row

Round 8. Rested

Round 9. Plays, no impact.

Round 10. Booked in for seasom ending surgery

1 Like

This goes beyond Joe Daniher and his OP. Fantasia, Laverde, Smith. There is a consistent pattern of failure’s coming from one very obvious department.

1 Like

Joe - calf
Joe- groin
Smack - hammy
Mutch - hammy
Fantasia - quad
Stewart - groin
Laverde - hammy

Have i missed any soft tissue injuries?

Every club gets injuries.

It’s a cop out.

11 Likes

Yeah pies last year, richmond this year.

Lets see if the team can show a bit of substance and perform well without Smith and Daniher

5 Likes

This vid gets me so pumped for the 2020 preseason. Can we bring it forward and get deck’em back at Tulla posting messages of positivity, hope and imminent glory?

1 Like

How about Elliot and Moore last year at Collingwood?

Hammy after hammy all year. Elliot has done another one this year. He has missed at least 2 full seasons through injury, if not more.

Wells his whole career, Gumbleton etc etc.

Some players are injury prone for whatever reason.

3 Likes

We have had a good run with injuries to our backs and mids, its just the forwards that are getting injured but we are still scoring ok.

It’s our skills all over the ground thats killing us and not injuries.

4 Likes

He did miss an extra week.

2 Likes

Don’t forget about Ben Reid. #mismanaged

1 Like