#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

Take a look at clubs injury lists!
They are longer than ever before.
We aren’t the only club in the competition with these issues and injury prone players!!!

3 Likes

Yeah and I agree with that but how many goals in 2017 did Joe kick that no other forward would (and ANZAC Day this year). Sometimes you need goals that aren’t out of the playbook etc

1 Like

Football is bullshit

6 Likes

That is exactly what Dank was saying about using Thymomodulin you back in 2011 but no-one would believe him

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree with that and think he’s a huge loss.

Smack is capable of having big day outs but obviously he’s not of the same quality as Joe.

Fantasia is the other huge concern but even when we have been poor we have always managed to score goals.

The plus is our defence is holding up really well and our mids are showing signs of being one of the best in the comp.

I just want the mids to start hitting targets.

Mynott calf
Clarke Calf

Cooney Hamstring

2 Likes

Yep. Injuries do not excuse poor strategy and tactics.
Either we’ve just been chronically unlucky or our player management is about as good as our player development and coaching.
The bottom line is cool though, right?

and yet, based on last year, remarkably similar stats.
https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=6&playerStatus2=A&tid2=6&type=A&pid1=3804&pid2=3134&fid1=P&fopt1=2018&fid2=P&fopt2=2018

Seems like our fitness staff have too much in common with our coaches

Underprepared and bad at their job

3 Likes

It’s sad for Joe, the EFC, the fans and, believe it or not, for AFL football. A very talented player who may not reach his full potential. It would be a tragedy if he does not make a full recovery. I do hope he isn’t like his uncle, Neale, whose career was cruelled by injuries.

1 Like

I think one of the dangers of our preferred style of play, which is high speed exits from the backline, places increased stress on the soft tissues of our forwards who need to continuously sprint to get back to position in the forward line. Might also explain why our forwards are suffering more than their fair share of soft tissue injuries.

Joey was playing under duress last year and Smack had a break out year so I don’t think those numbers fairly represent what they are both capable of.

I’m a big McKernan fan though and I’m backing him in to play his role for the side. Brown now gets his opportunity to pair up with Smack again just like last year.

Our system is very good in that regard and we should remain competitive but I agree with Bomber-A in that you need your superstars to be playing because history tells you they are the ones that step up for the big moments.

Joe on ANZAC day is a good example of it.

1 Like

It’s because Blitz accepts mediocrity.

Get ready to languish in the bottom 4 for the next 5 - 10 years

1 Like

I feel really gutted for Joey. He seemed really happy to be back when interviewed the other week. Fingers crossed he comes back 100% next year.

1 Like

Yep, lets see the club rush him back in now. Maybe he can rip the hamstring of the bone this time.

2 Likes

I certainly don’t think so in this case. Was to be the next Franklin, but could mark. I have no doubt in my mind.

You could build sides around JD once he matured into his full potential.

1 Like

You’d have to be a delusional optimistic fan to think Essendon can make finals in the next 3 years with our curse of injuries to star players, a losing culture and a football department rivalling Carlton’s.

2 Likes

Smack and brown are good serviceable players. But JD was a budding superstar. You can’t compare Joe from last year he was clearly not right.

The year before, he was a match winner at times. Won the bnf, and still looked like a garaffe on roller skates. His potential looked limitless.

A fit and firing JD is our most important player for the next 5 years as far as I’m concerned.

9 Likes

Hooker