#6 The Joe Dan Thread - the bit between Diggers trolling us and THE RETURN

Nah, yeah. I reckon the moustache still gave him away.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with most of that, sympathise with alot, think most of us do unfortunately.

I just cant comprehend supporting another team after 30+ years of supporting one club passionately.

How can you sit with Sydney fans enjoying a win when 10 years ago you were on the other side celebrating them losing against Essendon.

I just find it mind boggling, any success must feel completely hollow deep down.

25 Likes

Would actually stop referring to him as Puke Larker.

Yeah, thick and thin. Damn, things have been thin. If this was a marriage I’d be spending all my time in the shed these days.

1 Like

Jumps from a team at rock bottom to a perennial finalist. You’re all getting conned by a turncoat glory hunter.

3 Likes

Sorry @Diggers, had to get that off my chest.

And you can say Fraaaaanklin as much as you want and wear your fresh 3 year member scarves etc but when you’ve supported 1 club as long as you have you’re are an Essendon man no matter how much you try to tell yourself you love the Swans to mask your broken heart at the clubs actions during that pathetic period.

And the only premiership success you will ever well and truly enjoy in your heart, the one that will feel earned, the one that nourish every vital sign in your body is an Essendon premiership AND YOU KNOW IT.

23 Likes

Maybe he feels like what was left post saga wasn’t the team he supported in the first place? I definitely questioned who / what it was I was supporting throughout that period.

Poor Sydney with their 5 grand final appearances since we won a final.

I regularly question whether this mediocre,
p issweak, vanilla organisation which drops its strides, bends over and says “please do, sir” every time the AwFuL comes a’courting is the same ruthless, successful club I grew up supporting.
I mean, we’re wealthy still but that’s about the only thing the two have in common…

2 Likes

2 Likes

7.5 - is that the length of the contract?

How the actual fk can you nearly hate someone you’ve never met on a internet forum?

Geez

14 Likes

I’ve written about 15 drafts over the last week but by the time I get half way through I realise trying to understand this clusterfark of a situation is absolutely pointless.

Joe is a boofhead.
Our club is run by buffoons.

This club deserves everything it has got over the last 15 or so years. I don’t care whether he stays or goes.

3 Likes

Dane Swan?

2 Likes

To be more accurate, I tend to watch players and good matches and/or match-ups rather than a team these days but I do admire how Sydney go about it. They play well and are well run. Reminds me of this club I used to know.

2 Likes

We are Man United a once great club and now… Shisen

What an absolute load of drivel.

12 Likes

You know that the vast majority of the people.who made all of those decisions are no longer there, right? The people within a club are temporary but the jumper, the song etc will always be the same. What you are saying makes little.sense to me. We are red and black.

4 Likes

More like Newcastle United.

I’m getting sick of all the @Diggers references in this and other threads.
If it were big footy, he’d have been banished to the Swans threads already. We’re too tolerant here.
You get banned for baiting @DJR1
@diggers gets a free hit at whoever he wants.

8 Likes