#7 Leroy Jetta

JETTA%20Leroy.png

8 Games

Please be nice.

Goneski.

Not enough passion.

Maybe packaged with Gumbleton and sent out West?

Sorry Leroy but........you're fired!

I still believe in this guy. He perhaps didn't cope with the drug saga as well as others. I will admit though, that he had a terrible year.

One more year though, based on his potential. And that's it.

yeah deserves more chances, we need a quick pick pocket player like him either way, unless we find someone like that in the draft then may as well have him playing.

his problem seemed to be fumbling and indecision, waiting for other players to get the ball out for him.

I actually believe our skills and psychology is an issue. because we have a lot of players who could be playing as good as the top 6 teams, but aren't.

Monfries goes to Port and suddenly he plays career best football.

I dunno. Good luck to him.

The greatest trick Leroy Jetta ever pulled was convincing Blitz that he had lightning pace.

I think a moment in the North game at the end of the season summed it up. Thirty metres from goal, he attempted, unsuccessfully, to dribble it through.

Stick a fork in him.

Imbedded fork.

I am afraid his time is up at Essendon and I doubt very much whether he would be wanted by any other club.

He is not the solution to our small forward problems.

Looked good in the pre-season. Was hoping he'd make that next step. Didn't. Lacked confidence, which is also hard to garner when you are given one game then dropped. Still, other players would grab every opportunity with both hands.

Looked good in the pre-season. Was hoping he'd make that next step. Didn't. Lacked confidence, which is also hard to garner when you are given one game then dropped. 

Looked good in the VFL as well.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Is this a training issue or a player issue?

Spot on Mootsy.

Was a level above in the VFL. It simply didn't translate.

Can this be fixed?

The greatest trick Leroy Jetta ever pulled was convincing Blitz that he had lightning pace.
I think a moment in the North game at the end of the season summed it up. Thirty metres from goal, he attempted, unsuccessfully, to dribble it through.
Stick a fork in him.

I preferred his attempted underground handball in the back 50 earlier that game.

Doesn't have confidence finding the ball at AFL level. Gets the fumbles.

Needs that smooth confidence with the ball in hand.

As 'boot is online I will not post anything in this thread

(apart from this post obviously)

My recollection has been thoroughly discredited by people here before, but if I do recall correctly he was playing very well last year up until he got done for staging. Ever since then, he's been pretty woeful. His confidence is shot, and in 18 months(ish) just seems to have gotten worse. It's a shame, as he had potential - not the level of potential people heaped on Lovett, but potential nontheless.

Confidence aside, his efforts this year were pretty bad too. On the chasing front, he often chased hard enough to appear that he was chasing, but not hard enough to ever actually represent a danger. It's like he'd decide before he started he had no chance of catching, so he'd just go through the motions. It's a bad look, and it costs too - just because it looks like you won't catch them doesn't mean they won't stuff up a bounce or do something else which meant that extra 10% effort takes the chase from a waste of effort to a game changing tackle.

Trade him and our first pick for O'Meara. Maybe chuck in Dyson as a show of good faith

:)

I despised him in 2012 for allowing that renowned hard-man Bachar Houli to dance around him.  He did absolutely nothing in 2013 to change my mind.  He's been on our list for *seven* years (count 'em people...) based on potential and this year somehow managed to go backwards. 

Supposedly he was good in the twos this year (though in the couple of games I went to he couldn't have looked less interested if he tried), but managed to fluff his lines every time he was promoted - he was a spectator in the ones every time. 

That makes him your classic Peter Cransberg type (i.e. too good for twos, not good enough for ones) for mine - a list-clogger who should be moved on immmediately. 

yeah deserves more chances, we need a quick pick pocket player like him either way, unless we find someone like that in the draft then may as well have him playing.

his problem seemed to be fumbling and indecision, waiting for other players to get the ball out for him.

I actually believe our skills and psychology is an issue. because we have a lot of players who could be playing as good as the top 6 teams, but aren't.

Monfries goes to Port and suddenly he plays career best football.

I dunno. Good luck to him.

Have a close look at Angus; he looks fitter than he ever was at the Bombers, and he takes marks first grab.  Maybe he is living at home with his Mom.

There is a simple reason as to why he hasn't produced consistent footy at AFL level. His attack on the ball is the weakest of anyone on our list, and has always been well below AFL standard. At 25, he's been given plenty of opportunities to make progress in this area. Too many times he has taken short steps and allowed his opponent to get first to the ball rather than take possession and take a hit. This inflates his tackle stats, but it doesn't help the team. If he could improve the physical contact part of his game, he would be a very good AFL footballer. But after seven completed seasons, there is no reason to expect that this will happen.