#7 Zerrett - could double his Crichtons by 2027

This year he is imo

1 Like

Would not be surprised if the Dogs have a red hot crack at him.

How could they afford him? Surely their salary cap is bulging

Doubtful, they will be in cap strife soon when all their guns are out of contract

2 Likes

I don’t think Zach is in it for the big pay day, he wants success, also, the Dunkley situation could come in to play again.

I reckon the dogs are the last team to need Merret.

3 Likes

The don’t really want for anything at the moment and you can never have too many “A” graders.

Probably want for some more spine in their backline.

1 Like

Maybe, the point is that if Zach is open to a move to the Dogs then they will make it happen.

I doubt it.

Merrett had approaches from a lions staffer while in QLD when we played in Brisbane. I was downstairs in lobby of hotel and they were chatting. Happens every day and everywhere its normal but he certainly needs to make an informed decision for himself.
In the new age of free agency these footballers only have a short span footy career and need maximise their worth for the future. Although Merrett doesn’t seem to be in the game for the money, the package of success with the money clubs will be throwing at him is an advantage selling point.

1 Like

I don’t blame anyone for wanting out of the ■■■■ show last year. I know first hand the difference that competent, positive management can make on a work environment, and how ■■■■ things can get when it’s the reverse.

Thankfully 2021 is very different to 2020 in that regard.

It’s a bob each way kind of thing - but if Merrett wants to leave after seeing what the likes of Cox, Perkins and Jones are capable of then he can finish his reps and fark off.

4 Likes

I have a similar(ish) view to this.

At some point, we have to have a team that is fully invested in the club and not their own career experiences. I’m getting a bit sick of the excuses being made for players who are “looking for success”. Well FFS make success happen at EFC.

6 Likes

He’s been absolutely beaten up the last two weeks, the only player I could see standing up for him was McGrath. Part of the reason he might want to leave is he needs bigger bodies around to take more of the heat from him. I’m ambivalent about him leaving, we’re still 5 years away from contending, would love more high compensation picks.

1 Like

smith put serong on the ground twice to my eye aswell

Cox did in the last quarter frequently.

2 Likes

Smith when he went on ball was constantly getting stuck in Zac’s opponent

Zac needs more help though, a lot more

6 Likes

He does, it’s clear he’s not gonna get it though.

The midfield mix is just…meh.

Would love to see Ambrose in for Zaka for 3 reasons

1. He kicked 6 today
  2. He is better than Zaka in every aspect of the game right now
  3. He will smash any ■■■■■■ that gives Zach attention
7 Likes

Cunnington or Zurhaar will try to bash him around next week, we need to be ready

4 Likes