#7 Zerrett - could double his Crichtons by 2027

Exactly.

Why don’t you challenge yourself to make it happen at Essendon instead of jumping on the coattails of another club who’s in the premiership window already.

Success at Essendon for him would be 10000 times sweeter than at another club.

2 Likes

Zurhaar broke Hurleys collar bone

Bloke likes to hurt players he will not doubt try to injury Merrett out of the game

Sounds to me like a job for Ambrose.

10 Likes

Ambrose must come into the team to protect some of our player who are being pummelled.
Ambrose can run through into and bounce off players and that’s what we and our players need him out there for. If not a tagger, he is a protector of sorts.

2 Likes

Sniping 101.
Ball is 50 metres away.
Behind play,
Merret had no idea he had been lined up.
The definition of sniping.
Longmuir said it was OK.
Aim

Fire

1 Like

Tom Morris

Zach Merrett : If I had to take a punt now I think he’s more likely to stay at Essendon. If not… Port, Dees, Lions, Blues, Collingwood. Maybe Sydney? Take your pick - they all like him.

Wow it’s almost like they know as much as we do. And get paid for it.

10 Likes

a lot of the noise right now seems to be leaning towards Merret staying

he gon then

it’s good to see McGrath asserting himself out there but he’s not “that” player. If he was squaring up to you you wouldn’t really be worried about him doing something really loose or sniping you off the ball.

2 Likes

Tom Morris knows Zach on a personal level so if you’re going to listen to a journo on this subject, it should be Tom.

But yes, we are none the wiser

1 Like

Not going anywhere

17 Likes

Have you heard something? You mentioned previously that Port were chasing hard after him.

Still are to a degree but they absolutely will not trade or deal with us. If they can’t get him for nothing they won’t pursue it further is my understanding. Every ladder position we rise lowers the chance we would take the compo.
Interesting to hear Connors say that it’s just a ruse to drive up his price and Merrett has no intention of leaving aswell

5 Likes

On what planet would Port be able to get Merrett for nothing?

1 Like

Kochieworld

Patent pending

7 Likes

He’s a Free Agent. If he agreed to sign with them and we didn’t match the contract to force a trade, he’s get there and Port wouldn’t have to give anything up in terms of players/picks, just like Brisbane with Daniher…

1 Like

If we finish at the bottom of the ladder.

If we’re getting pick 3 or 4. And would get the following pick as compo. We wouldn’t force a trade you’d think.

2 Likes

Zach is the biggest fish this year.

The Bont and Crippa won’t leave as captains of their club(s)

Zach is rolled gold.

1 Like

Ah, okay. I wasn’t sure how compo pick stuff worked. I just assumed we’d match and force a trade.