#8 Jason Winderlich

Surprised they only offered him one year and surprised he only took one year being 28.
Love the crap at the end of The Age article mentioning Myers is weighing up his future as he wants more game time.
Rebuff 1 : He's contracted. Rebuff 2: He got plenty of game time this year. Moron.

He can still contemplate can't he? Maybe he's thinking about using the drugs as a way out
Dramatization warning: May not happen

I beleive he is and will be what Daniel Giansiracusa is to the Bulldogs. An on field leader, an inspiration and role model to the younger players and a future coach. If we can get 3 more good years out go him and manage him like Gia, then he will be a key part of our next premiership.

Many years ago I went to a game with work and we had Robert Shaw give us a talk about tactics before the game. He said that there was this first year player by the name of Jason Winderlich who he thought would be one of the best on our list. He then said that the way Jason plays the game is the future of the game (ie extreme foot speed, lots of midfielders). Robert was correct and I look forward to round 1 when Winderlich and Dempsey start on the ground together. Watch Out AFL.

Robert told me that Winders was our next Hird. Certainly had the talent and also deceptively tall for his speed.

Let's hope he doesn't want to coach :P

We have been very poor for the past 12 years, but I reckon the club was banking on blokes like Ramanauskas and Winderlich being mainstays of our midfield over that period, and they both have the skills and talent to be A-Grade AFL midfiedlers.

Unfortunately, due to a combination of injury and illness we never got to see the best of Rama, and we probably won't ever get to see the best of Winders either.

Not saying that we would've won a Flag or anything in the past 12 years if we had better luck with these two, but the fact we could not get them out on the field consistently definitely hurt us as a team.

That and Dean Rioili not being able to keep himself in shape and a result having constant knee problems that brought about an early end to his career as well.

rioli and rama where so smooth , fond memories

Rama's raking left boot was effortless, looked like he was just poking at it and it would rocket off his foot.

So sharp.

Terrific news for the club.  When fit ad firing he makes our fwd line very potent.

Top stuff Winders!!

Stick it up the haters…

That and Dean Rioili not being able to keep himself in shape and a result having constant knee problems that brought about an early end to his career as well.

Rioli was always overweight, but his body was unrelated to that. Like his mate Cyril he just had a bad body.

Glad Winders has signed on for another year… we are a much better side with him fit and confident in his body. Hope he has a ripper year in 2014.

Ran with the 1st-4th year guys this morning, Licha is doing #whateverittakes

I beleive he is and will be what Daniel Giansiracusa is to the Bulldogs. An on field leader, an inspiration and role model to the younger players and a future coach. If we can get 3 more good years out go him and manage him like Gia, then he will be a key part of our next premiership.

Does a hell of a lot more running than Gia.
Gia was good this year and certainly helped direct their forward line, but Winders does more work up and down the field.

Fingers crossed Winders has a good pre season and an injury free 2014.

He make all the difference to out team.

Was great seeing him back at training with the young blokes. We at least know that he is keen and trying his best to get on the park!!

would be perfectly happy for him to be rested 1 in every 4 or so if it got him through the season.

miss - rd 4 freo (a), rd 8 lions , rd 10 bye, hell given him gws and melbourn off rd 12 & 13, rd 18 is a split round so he gets a breather, give him rd 22 off against GC and back him in from there.

would be perfectly happy for him to be rested 1 in every 4 or so if it got him through the season.

miss - rd 4 freo (a), rd 8 lions , rd 10 bye, hell given him gws and melbourn off rd 12 & 13, rd 18 is a split round so he gets a breather, give him rd 22 off against GC and back him in from there.

Could I get you to have a word to my boss?

do you have a history of hamstring injuries? if so we'll set up a time.

I'd like to know if he was sore or injured after Anzac Day, because he missed the next game against GWS, then was ordinary for the next 3 weeks.

Only rest guys if they're sore.

In general, I sort of agree with you for the older guys, but it needs to be based on time, not on the opposition.

he was huge on anzac and ran himself into the ground and i think it is fair to assume that his exertions did slow him down for a while there after. Likewise against the dogs he did a mountain of running and evidently did too much because he basically missed the rest of the season (in a perfect world, if we had the game in the bag, he had been so huge for 3 qtrs we should have subbed him in hindsite to avoid him pushing hard through the fatigue which we know he will).

i think you sort of base the decision of whether to rest or not on time and opposition. give him rests where you can afford to but not at the expense of them not being adequately spaced.

he is such an important player for us and has had such an injury riddled career that i think it justifies taking an unusual approach to his management. we just can't afford to have him playing fatigued because things are pretty much guaranteed to go ping it would seem.

if he is going to run himself apart i would prefer it be in a prelim or a GF that rd 22 against GC or midseason against games against cellar dwellers

Said hello to him once outside that quaint little coffee shop adjacent to Windy Hill.

I'd like to know if he was sore or injured after Anzac Day, because he missed the next game against GWS, then was ordinary for the next 3 weeks.

Only rest guys if they're sore.

In general, I sort of agree with you for the older guys, but it needs to be based on time, not on the opposition.

Yeah, I was pretty hungover, but I don't think it affected my performance. In fact it seemed that I became more witty and charming with every drink. But I need to correct you, I did not miss the GWS game. Though I wish I had.

Do heartstring issues count?

its something to work with

Is that you Leroy?