#8 Jason Winderlich

Just heard , fantastic news !

Very happy that Jason has signed on for next year. Definitely one of my favorite players.

I doubt Licka will ever get more than a 1-year contract in future....and he'd know he's a real risk.

I suspect the talk that he was looking around was just more bullshit from the malicious toads.

great stuff!! :slight_smile:

EXODUS!!!  PLAYERS WALKING!!!

Please "God" give him strength and allow him to play injury free in 2014!!

He would tear the league a new one!!!

Great news!

Awesome news. Seriously talented man with a seriously fragile body. Really felt for him when his hammy went in 2012 after kicking four against the Crows.

Great news.

EXODUS: Latin for show undying loyalty and trust in ones club of Choice.

When Barrett first stated on TFS that Licha might leave for more money, my Collingwood supporting friend, told me if I was nervous about his decision.

I laughed for a couple of mins and said that no matter the circumstances and money he’s being offered, he won’t leave EFC. This article proved my point.

Here’s hoping he stays injury-free. Such an important player in our F50.

Liccchaa!!

:)  :)  :) :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  

Many years ago I went to a game with work and we had Robert Shaw give us a talk about tactics before the game. He said that there was this first year player by the name of Jason Winderlich who he thought would be one of the best on our list. He then said that the way Jason plays the game is the future of the game (ie extreme foot speed, lots of midfielders). Robert was correct and I look forward to round 1 when Winderlich and Dempsey start on the ground together. Watch Out AFL.

Robert told me that Winders was our next Hird. Certainly had the talent and also deceptively tall for his speed.

Let's hope he doesn't want to coach :P

We have been very poor for the past 12 years, but I reckon the club was banking on blokes like Ramanauskas and Winderlich being mainstays of our midfield over that period, and they both have the skills and talent to be A-Grade AFL midfiedlers.

Unfortunately, due to a combination of injury and illness we never got to see the best of Rama, and we probably won't ever get to see the best of Winders either.

Not saying that we would've won a Flag or anything in the past 12 years if we had better luck with these two, but the fact we could not get them out on the field consistently definitely hurt us as a team.

That and Dean Rioili not being able to keep himself in shape and a result having constant knee problems that brought about an early end to his career as well.

Many years ago I went to a game with work and we had Robert Shaw give us a talk about tactics before the game. He said that there was this first year player by the name of Jason Winderlich who he thought would be one of the best on our list. He then said that the way Jason plays the game is the future of the game (ie extreme foot speed, lots of midfielders). Robert was correct and I look forward to round 1 when Winderlich and Dempsey start on the ground together. Watch Out AFL.

Robert told me that Winders was our next Hird. Certainly had the talent and also deceptively tall for his speed.

Let's hope he doesn't want to coach :P

We have been very poor for the past 12 years, but I reckon the club was banking on blokes like Ramanauskas and Winderlich being mainstays of our midfield over that period, and they both have the skills and talent to be A-Grade AFL midfiedlers.

Unfortunately, due to a combination of injury and illness we never got to see the best of Rama, and we probably won't ever get to see the best of Winders either.

Not saying that we would've won a Flag or anything in the past 12 years if we had better luck with these two, but the fact we could not get them out on the field consistently definitely hurt us as a team.

That and Dean Rioili not being able to keep himself in shape and a result having constant knee problems that brought about an early end to his career as well.

rioli and rama where so smooth , fond memories

clearly needs to be managed carefully. if we get him fit and in form at the business end of things he could be the difference between winning and losing a flag. reckon we should use him as sub a fair bit to help manage his workload. could see him winning a norm smith. Would be a well deserved exclamation mark on a frustrating career.

clearly needs to be managed carefully. if we get him fit and in form at the business end of things he could be the difference between winning and losing a flag. reckon we should use him as sub a fair bit to help manage his workload. could see him winning a norm smith. Would be a well deserved exclamation mark on a frustrating career.

Back to back premierships, Licha Norm Smith in the first, Jobe in the second. #WHATEVERITTAKES :)

Surprised they only offered him one year and surprised he only took one year being 28.

Love the crap at the end of The Age article mentioning Myers is weighing up his future as he wants more game time.

Rebuff 1 : He's contracted.  Rebuff 2: He got plenty of game time this year.  Moron.

Glad he’s signed on but a one year deal !?

Faith!