#8 Jason Winderlich

A reply to: @Zimmer regarding QuoteLink

"Despite Hird having arrived the following year, Winderlich has only played under the 2000 premiership captain 18 times."

Q1. Please explain the relevance, intention and your interpretation of this sentence.

I thought it was interesting? Just shows how unlucky winders has been with injury…

"Despite Hird having arrived the following year, Winderlich has only played under the 2000 premiership captain 18 times."

Q1. Please explain the relevance, intention and your interpretation of this sentence.

Please explain who you are addressing your question to. If it was to me, then I question the relevance , intention and interpretation of my post, noting I only highlighted one section of the article.

If you are asking for my opinion on your quoted portion, then my interpretation of this sentence is that the fact that Jason only managed 18 games is semi irrelevant, noting he was there for the three years of Hird’s initial tenure, but it does highlight how tenuous his body’s ability to maintain fitness has been.

Is Just Eco becoming the new Gemba?
Hey I might be injured but BUY A TABLE

A reply to: @Lifetime ban regarding QuoteLink

Please explain who you are addressing your question to. If it was to me, then I question the relevance , intention and interpretation of my post, noting I only highlighted one section of the article.

If you are asking for my opinion on your quoted portion, then my interpretation of this sentence is that the fact that Jason only managed 18 games is semi irrelevant, noting he was there for the three years of Hird’s initial tenure, but it does highlight how tenuous his body’s ability to maintain fitness has been.

Wasn’t quoting or questioning you at all. I was asking anyone how they interpreted the way the sentence I quoted was written. What was the intention of the author? To me there is a little dig at Hird in that sentence. ie. Winders has only played 18 games under Hird, but yeah, Hird was banned for a year, and Winders played nearly that many games during that one season, when Hird was banned, remember that, when Hird was done for governance, drug dungeon issues?.. That’s all I was suggesting. You may be right; I may be crazy. Probably being a bit oversensitive, but etc.

(Edit. Rereading the sentence, I don’t think I was being unreasonable. Either it was a sly dig at Hird, or a poorly made point.)

Didn’t mean for it to be a big deal guys. Was just a thought, not necessarily taking offence. I still personally think it’s a strange way to make the point that was apparently being made.

A reply to: @Lifetime ban regarding QuoteLink

Wasn’t quoting or questioning you at all. I was asking anyone how they interpreted the way the sentence I quoted was written. What was the intention of the author? To me there is a little dig at Hird in that sentence. ie. Winders has only played 18 games under Hird, but yeah, Hird was banned for a year, and Winders played nearly that many games during that one season, when Hird was banned, remember that, when Hird was done for governance, drug dungeon issues?.. That’s all I was suggesting. You may be right; I may be crazy. Probably being a bit oversensitive, but etc.

(Edit. Rereading the sentence, I don’t think I was being unreasonable. Either it was a sly dig at Hird, or a poorly made point.)

All good mate, just wasn’t sure where you were coming from. No doubt the author probably did intend it as a dig at Hird, but he failed miserably if it was.

Here is the brief record of injuries Licka has had since Hirdy became coach ( off the injury list)

2014 - knee hyperextension
2014 pre-season hamstring 16 games

2013 - hamstring 12 games
2013 pre-season - groin

2012 - hamstring x3 2 games

2011 - knee (ACL) 4 games

In Hirdys first and second years Licha played 6 games in the third year he played 12
In 2011 he suffered an ACL tear in round 4 and did not return to play until round 18 of 2012.

How is that Hirdys fault. I did not read it that there was any negativity about Hirdy in that comment,
in fact the way I see it, those few games and the faith shown in him by Hirdy have convinced Licka
he wanted to play on with Hirdy as coach.

If people think that was a dig at Hird, then you seriously need to get a thicker skin, and you should probably ignore all media regarding the team for the next 5 years.

Yeah, he was just highlighting how seldom Winders has been able to get on the pitch.

Enough!

The comment really was irrelevant to the story, & could easily be seen as a veiled swipe after the past 2 years…

It was the Age wasn’t it? … (Seriously lost track)

Forward again next year plz

I’d just like to congratulate Licha on the birth of his little girl.

Essendon Football Club wishes to congratulate Jason Winderlich and partner Katie Paterson on the safe arrival of their second child, daughter Ava Rose.

Ava was born on Sunday evening at 6.43pm weighing almost nine pounds. Ava joins big sister Sierra.

After being talked out of retirement at the end of last year, Winderlich will go around for the Bombers’ line up again this season after 128 career games since making his debut in 2003.

Great news congratulations!

Hope the next 4 are boys

Latest Recovery Room says he’s done another disc in his back. Terrible news.

Wont play anytime soon.

Crap.
Six to eight you’d think.

Fark…

RIP. Thanks Winders, we should’ve let you retire.

Sucks

Thats ■■■■. Reckon the poor bloke might be regretting his decision to come back a bit right about now.