#8 Jason Winderlich

Look, Winderlich did not have a good year last year. After a good initial game, he was so bad in the forward line we had to move him to the backline. Sure, he played some good games there, in the easiest position on the field. The one where we have half a dozen options. Before tailing off a little again.

I’ve been a huge fan of Winderlich, and think his injuries have been a big contributor in us not progressing as far as we could have. In 2009 having him fit to play midfield was a big part of us making the finals. But last year was way down by his standards.

He had a terrible 2nd half to the year last year. Was completely ineffective in virtually every game he played. Once a player decides to retire, it should stay that way.

Look, Winderlich did not have a good year last year. After a good initial game, he was so bad in the forward line we had to move him to the backline. Sure, he played some good games there, in the easiest position on the field. The one where we have half a dozen options. Before tailing off a little again.

I’ve been a huge fan of Winderlich, and think his injuries have been a big contributor in us not progressing as far as we could have. In 2009 having him fit to play midfield was a big part of us making the finals. But last year was way down by his standards.

He had a terrible 2nd half to the year last year. Was completely ineffective in virtually every game he played. Once a player decides to retire, it should stay that way.

Almost right.*
Well, nearly.
OK, you got me, not very right - completely, utterly wrong.

He averaged 17.8 touches (pick a stat…) from rd 14 on, and a paltry 9.2 touches before that. Biggest games rounds 17, 21, 14, 16, 18, 20.
His run of form from rd 14 until the final (where he looked pretty cooked) was actually pretty good.
He did nothing early.

Almost right.*
Well, nearly.

He averaged 17.8 touches (pick a stat…) from rd 14 on, and a paltry 9.2 touches before that. Biggest games rounds 17, 21, 14, 16, 18, 20.
His run of form from rd 14 until the final (where he looked pretty cooked) was actually pretty good.
He did nothing early.

Yep, reverse the original position and it’s closer to reality. Having said that he looked much better when he was moved down back than when he was forward.

I keep thinking I’m surrounded by halfwits. I can’t believe people thought Winderlich was poor last year. What were you watching?

I agree with HAP. For some stupid reason he got better as the year went on. My view is he probably expected it to be his last year leading into the season, affirmed his decision by mid way, then had such a good finish he got greedy for want of a better word and went on.

I always thought he should have called it.

Almost right.*
Well, nearly.

He did nothing early.

If his run of form was so good in the second half of the year why didn’t finish top 10 in the in the bnf?

He played the second half of the year as a spare behind the ball, arguably the easiest position to play on the field.

If his form was so good in the second half of the year why was he was only in the bests once? From round 14 onwards even though he was played as a spare man behind the ball in a fairly dominant backline he was only in the bests once.

He did not have a good second half of the year. He was absolutely cooked. In previous years if Licka had averaged almost 18 possies a match he would have ripped sides apart.

He won us a game up forward vs WCE. Our current forwards (whole list really) should watch that tape on repeat. He ran to the right space then fought like a madman to hold it.

Good player gone on a year too long. It happens.

wanna coach licha?

He won us a game up forward vs WCE. Our current forwards (whole list really) should watch that tape on repeat. He ran to the right space then fought like a madman to hold it.

Could have been the one. Of all our player struck down by injury in recent time this guy had by far the most potential.

Could have been the one. Of all our player struck down by injury in recent time this guy had by far the most potential.

I think Gumby. Imagine a Daniher / Gumby foward line!

Sorry 3 goals 24 behinds doesn’t get it done

Gumby was fairly good in front of the sticks.

I will always remember winders as the gut running mid.

Gumby was fairly good in front of the sticks.

Licha was exceptional

Almost right.*
Well, nearly.

He did nothing early.

If his run of form was so good in the second half of the year why didn’t finish top 10 in the in the bnf?

He played the second half of the year as a spare behind the ball, arguably the easiest position to play on the field.

If his form was so good in the second half of the year why was he was only in the bests once? From round 14 onwards even though he was played as a spare man behind the ball in a fairly dominant backline he was only in the bests once.

He did not have a good second half of the year. He was absolutely cooked. In previous years if Licka had averaged almost 18 possies a match he would have ripped sides apart.

Cos he only played 16 and 4 of the first 5 (his dominant “first half”) he did nothing?
You were caught guessing. He was very very good in the 2nd half of the year, played a big part in our run of good form. Deal with it.

People on here think because he had an ordinary finals game, his whole 2nd half of the season was ■■■■■■ - his whole year was tainted by one game

Another one we will lose in the mass EXODUS

Any news? Will he play alongside Fletch against Collingwood next week?

Gumby and Daniher in the forward half
Judas rucking
Carlisle, Hurley and Hooker in the D50
What could have been

Gumby and Daniher in the forward half
Judas rucking
Carlisle, Hurley and Hooker in the D50
What could have been

Carlisle, Hurley and Hooker in D50 means no one ever scores ever again.