#8 Jason Winderlich

Lmao everyone in the football world wanted Licha to go around again. I’m sure if it wasn’t for our draft restrictions we would have let him retire. However, that compounded by his form made us push hard for him to come back.

He was so important to many wins last year, from defence. Very short memories round here at times.

Yup.

He is one of the reasons the list was rated and expected higher than it has delivered.

His lack of presence has had a massive impact this year.

Yep no doubt he will pull the plug this time

He did last time. Hird talked him out of it.

A black mark against Hirdy.
■■■■■■■ it Hirdy, wasn't divining future injuries part of your course in France?!

A black mark for you, Hirdy, a black mark for you.

Some of us called it at the time, so its hardly like you needed a crystal ball.

Interesting if you look back and had we got Bomber coach, who he would have looked to move on last year

• winderlich retired
  • howlett posibly traded
  • melksham possibly traded
  • kav possibly gone.
  • fletcher possibly retired

I’ve always been camp hird BTW, and thought he ws treated terribly at B&F

licha had a good year last. That doesn’t change the fact that he did tale off towards the end and was virtually anonymous in the elimination final. He decided to the pull the plug, he didn’t do that for no reason, it was the right call.

It’s such a shame really…we know that when this man is fit he is a top-shelf footballer

Look, Winderlich did not have a good year last year. After a good initial game, he was so bad in the forward line we had to move him to the backline. Sure, he played some good games there, in the easiest position on the field. The one where we have half a dozen options. Before tailing off a little again.

I’ve been a huge fan of Winderlich, and think his injuries have been a big contributor in us not progressing as far as we could have. In 2009 having him fit to play midfield was a big part of us making the finals. But last year was way down by his standards.

Look, Winderlich did not have a good year last year. After a good initial game, he was so bad in the forward line we had to move him to the backline. Sure, he played some good games there, in the easiest position on the field. The one where we have half a dozen options. Before tailing off a little again.

I’ve been a huge fan of Winderlich, and think his injuries have been a big contributor in us not progressing as far as we could have. In 2009 having him fit to play midfield was a big part of us making the finals. But last year was way down by his standards.

He had a terrible 2nd half to the year last year. Was completely ineffective in virtually every game he played. Once a player decides to retire, it should stay that way.

He had a terrible 2nd half to the year last year. Was completely ineffective in virtually every game he played. Once a player decides to retire, it should stay that way.

Almost right.*
Well, nearly.
OK, you got me, not very right - completely, utterly wrong.

He averaged 17.8 touches (pick a stat…) from rd 14 on, and a paltry 9.2 touches before that. Biggest games rounds 17, 21, 14, 16, 18, 20.
His run of form from rd 14 until the final (where he looked pretty cooked) was actually pretty good.
He did nothing early.

Almost right.*
Well, nearly.

He averaged 17.8 touches (pick a stat…) from rd 14 on, and a paltry 9.2 touches before that. Biggest games rounds 17, 21, 14, 16, 18, 20.
His run of form from rd 14 until the final (where he looked pretty cooked) was actually pretty good.
He did nothing early.

Yep, reverse the original position and it’s closer to reality. Having said that he looked much better when he was moved down back than when he was forward.

I keep thinking I’m surrounded by halfwits. I can’t believe people thought Winderlich was poor last year. What were you watching?

I agree with HAP. For some stupid reason he got better as the year went on. My view is he probably expected it to be his last year leading into the season, affirmed his decision by mid way, then had such a good finish he got greedy for want of a better word and went on.

I always thought he should have called it.

Almost right.*
Well, nearly.

He did nothing early.

If his run of form was so good in the second half of the year why didn’t finish top 10 in the in the bnf?

He played the second half of the year as a spare behind the ball, arguably the easiest position to play on the field.

If his form was so good in the second half of the year why was he was only in the bests once? From round 14 onwards even though he was played as a spare man behind the ball in a fairly dominant backline he was only in the bests once.

He did not have a good second half of the year. He was absolutely cooked. In previous years if Licka had averaged almost 18 possies a match he would have ripped sides apart.

He won us a game up forward vs WCE. Our current forwards (whole list really) should watch that tape on repeat. He ran to the right space then fought like a madman to hold it.

Good player gone on a year too long. It happens.

wanna coach licha?

He won us a game up forward vs WCE. Our current forwards (whole list really) should watch that tape on repeat. He ran to the right space then fought like a madman to hold it.

Could have been the one. Of all our player struck down by injury in recent time this guy had by far the most potential.

Could have been the one. Of all our player struck down by injury in recent time this guy had by far the most potential.

I think Gumby. Imagine a Daniher / Gumby foward line!

Sorry 3 goals 24 behinds doesn’t get it done

Sorry 3 goals 24 behinds doesn’t get it done

Gumby was fairly good in front of the sticks.

I will always remember winders as the gut running mid.