#9 Dylan Shiel be right, mate - from July 2022

Hope he decides to stay, but worth at least what we gave up for Sheil, can play and is pretty unique sort of player……a pure rover

I think he will

1 Like

Why the hell are we talking about Parish being traded???

He’s signed to the end of 2023 and has never given the slightest indication that he wants to leave.

5 Likes

Hope he does cause he really doesn’t like losing…and that something that needs to transfer though the whole club. Regrettably the saga lads felt the EFC(thanks to the media) “owed them” and that has filtered down to some of the next age groups I feel. I don’t think the last couple of years of drafted kids have been infected yet, and help Darc & Zac get narky about low expectations and standards.

The EFC needs “bad losers” like Darc to rip this good loss mindset out of the club. A good loss is farking not good enough, a place in the finals is not good enough, only a premiership is good enough….this is what should be driving the players and the employees of the club. Thats where we need to be.

2 Likes

Agree

When Matty Llyod first arrived he said only pre lims and grand finals is good enough for Essendon

That’s the mind set the club needs to put on the players they will have no choice but to perform

1 Like

And if they don’t, delist. Players like Ham that balk at getting the hard ball, get rid of, they are like a disease….draw the line and then act just like Sheeds used to do

1 Like

Sheeds use to threat the players by putting on the shorts and boots at training

I was at a preseason training run in 85 when he sacked 2 WAFL prospects on the spot for not being disciplined enough. They walked off to get a drink of water during 50 x 100 metre sprints….it was a scorcher that day. Told then to pack their bags and fark off.

It was Sheeds way or the highway

1 Like

this ridiculous line of thinking is why we never bottom out, yet haven’t finished above 7th since 2002

he’s finally playing like he was at GWS when we traded for him

i think when parish is in Dylan gets a bit lost, he’s kind of like a ball dominant PG in the NBA and suffers when another player who plays like him is in the midfield too

he absolutely burnt a bloke on a 45 metre diagonal pass who could have run in and kicked it from 40 and went long to square, can’t remember which qtr, but was a bit silly.

1 Like

To all those who want to trade Shiel, be it for Papley or Grundy or whoever else is the flavour of the week, just remember the player has to agree to the move. I very much doubt that Shiel is open to such.

Spanish highlander: there can only be Juan

4 Likes

Agree. It’s like the whole is actually less than the sum of its parts when those three are in there.

Long scroll down to get to this thread. Another great game.

10 Likes

There should be a few apologies happening in here as well.

6 Likes

Why??

Lucky we didn’t trade him for a future third while paying half his salary as some of the experts on here suggested…

21 Likes

Absolutely wrapt for Dylan with the way he’s been playing.

13 Likes

Why? He’s finally playing to his ability and pay packet About time.

2 Likes

We all know he can get a clearance. What has impressed me is his decision making and kicking. He either hits someone up by hand who he knows is a better user going inside 50, or finds a shorter option he can hit by foot. We are seeing less of those ineffective 60m floaters. Working better within his limitations.

3 Likes