#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

I think this time next year we’ll be glad we payed the price. Shiel will be a gun at Essendon.

In the end it was about the right price.

Time for a Blitz break

3 Likes

I dunno.

Top midfield coming off a GF loss, just got another top flight mid into the mix.

Didn’t watch the GF, so not sure if he would have been the difference though.

So what was the final trade?

Bring on 2019.

2 Likes

Welcome Dylan Shiels to Essendon. l look forward to seeing you dominate in the red and black for many years to come and celebrating a GF win or few with your good mate, Devon Smith. Go Bombers.

7 Likes

It’s time to re-read the thread for the final hour, to laugh at all the sooks.

1 Like

Carlton never in the picture. ■■■■■■■ journos.

3 Likes

My hatred for the AFL and media increases

9 Likes

You didn’t watch the gf. They got smashed in the key positions. They had no answer for there talls. Collingwood bat real deap in the midfield. Adding another aging mid only pushes out a good young player who would be best 22 at any other club.

May is who they should have gone after hard.

Anyway hopefully they fall.

7 Likes

Great post, don’t delete it :wink:

1 Like

Essendon Football Club is thrilled to announce Dylan Shiel will don the sash after a trade with Greater Western Sydney was finalised today.

The Bombers acquired Shiel and the Giants 2019 NAB AFL Draft second round pick, in exchange for pick nine in the 2018 NAB AFL Draft and a future first round pick. Essendon has also received a future fourth round pick from Fremantle in exchange for Travis Colyer.

Shiel has agreed to a six year deal and will now call The Hangar home until at least the end of 2024.

He played 135 games for GWS during his seven years at the club, and in 2017 was named in the All-Australian side.

Senior Coach, John Worsfold, said Shiel would be a great fit for the club.

“We had decided that we wanted to add another quality midfielder to our list and Dylan fit that requirement perfectly,” Worsfold said.

“He has very strong values that align with our team and club values, including a desire to continuously work to improve both on and off the field.

“Dylan is a very hard runner that can win contested ball inside at stoppages but he will also cover the ground and help us link up both offensively and defensively.”

Shiel was a member of the Giants leadership group in 2016 and 2017.

The midfielder notified Essendon on day two of the 2018 NAB AFL Trade Period that he wished to join the Bombers in 2019.

Essendon GM Football, Dan Richardson, thanked Travis Colyer on behalf of the Club.

“I would like to thank Trav for his commitment to the club, and the attitude and leadership he has shown both on and off the field,” Richardson said.

“Trav is a highly respected player and we believe the move to Fremantle will provide him with good opportunities.

“We wish him all the best in his next chapter in Perth.”

Colyer played 87 games in the red and black, after being selected with pick 26 in the 2009 AFL Draft.

Dylan Shiel is on holiday. The Club will arrange a media opportunity when Dylan returns.

Don’t miss Dylan Shiel in action in 2019, become a Mighty Bomber today.
Please please let Shiel be holidaying in Noosa for the LOLs at FARK CARLTON for showing him how nice the place is.

16 Likes

Can’t believe Blitz wouldn’t work and I wasn’t able to spend the greatest moment in the history of this football club trying to impress people I don’t know with celebratory gifs I didn’t make.

20 Likes

I’m still getting used to Stringer being a Bomber.
This is gonna be weird.
But, you know, awesome weird.

4 Likes

Paul Little flew him up in his jet, of course.

Unnamed

6 Likes

Welcome Dylan!

In other news, I was watching the ■■■■■■■ peanuts on Fox Footy rating the clubs and somehow Richmond got an A for getting Lynch and losing 5 good depth players but we only get a B+ for bringing in an elite mid and losing player not in our best 22. Also Parish is a fringe player according to Brad Johnson. I need a shower.

2 Likes

MANUFACTURED EXCITEMENT

5 Likes

Brad Johnson saying Carlton finishing at 14th higher than hawks at 16th. WTF!

51 Likes

CavernousAgonizingCaracal-size_restricted