#9 Dylan Shiel (Part 1)

Slow burn to peak at the right time of the season.

2 Likes

Very critical, not enough cudos for his game

3 Likes

It’s like he hits the nitrous button. His feet don’t look like they are moving and he appears just to glide along and suddenly he is 5m clear. His second and third quarters were just a sight to behold. He will tidy his disposal up and then the sky is the limit

4 Likes

Integration almost complete.

And he made it look so easy. Had a little look around, plenty of time to size up the situation, and the kick was effortless. All class.

2 Likes

I knew he wouldn’t pick us.

4 Likes

Agree with Zach above I thought he was pivotal last night. He and Merrett ripped them apart with their pace - i really thought last night was his best game for the club actually given the circumstances.

2 Likes

Not yet
Getting there though
Will be great when he finishes better and kicks his 2 to 3 goals a game

He’s a midfielder not a forward. Very, very, very few midfielders kick 2-3 every single game.

True
But I think he has so much skill he could do that- maybe not every game

Should back himself even more!

Friday night was the first time this season that he got run down from behind

The man’s a machine!

1 Like

His best attribute is that thing Colyer did when he peaked around late '14- early '15.

Gets the ball, has a look who is around him, goes “Nope, you can’t catch me” and proceeds to just burn off the opponents.

Also, not an equivalency in overall ability between the two. Shiel has many more strings to his bow.

1 Like

So the price for Shiel looks like pick 11 (2018) and something similar this year for Shiel and a pick in the early 30’s. This represents good value IMO.

9 Likes

Was really unfairly maligned earlier in the season, he’s had a ripper year.

Conor has got the pure pace off the half back line but no tackle can stick to this man, moves throw packs and opposition hands just slide off him.

Teflon Shiel.

BY @Paul_Peos

2 Likes

Still would have paid a premium for him but worth it. He’s so dynamic for us.

But should consider we also got Smith, Stringer and Saad for well unders in previous years

2 Likes

Nothing unfair about it.

1 Like

A lot of teams have just one maybe 2 players who rack up elite metres gained. We have 3 or 4 .

3 Likes

Surely he has the most powerful first 10 steps out of a contest in the game?