93 premiership team

Alright whose got a 93 prelim replay stream link

Edit. Ext highlights here. Great viewing.

6 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: I was thinking the same.

Hope the club release some sort of video highlights package of the special anniversary celebration at the MCG last night.

1 Like

Those old ex players will all turn up when the club tastes success again.

Look forward :slightly_smiling_face:

Ricky Olarenshaw is the King of Bali! Played the best 1/4 of his 83 game career in the GF.

Oh man I miss footy like it used to be.

5 Likes

Wanganeen and Bewick stars

May Tex and Jett follow in dads footsteps

2 Likes
4 Likes

Those highlights, how good was an 18 year old Mercuri.

3 Likes

Pretty good in the 1992 reserves grand final. The 19.5 year old version was much better in the 1993 grand final though

Yeah I wondered when I wrote that but couldn’t be arsed checking. Thanks for clearing that up.

1993 left us believing in miracles, heck I still hope for one today.

Only the other day however, I was chatting with my son about why you can’t have confidence in our current side just yet. Hobbs, Archie, Martin, Durham, Zerk, Menzie and D’Ambrosio all have talent and I believe can make it and push us up a level to compete with the big boys, however they are not yet at the level of Wangeneen, Hird, Mercuri, Misiti & Fletch back in 93.

Can Stringer, 2MP, Darce, Merrett, Ridley, Draper, Redman and Langers lead us in a way the Fish, G’Od, Bomber, Longy, Harvey and Timmy did?

Can Guelfi, Snelling, Lav, Caldwell, and Weid play important roles and consistently deliver like Grenvold, Wallis, Hills, Daniher & Somerville did?

93 really was a cherry ripe year to achieve what we did, WC struggled with injuries, Carlton didn’t ever really have the fortitude and the Crows were still establishing themselves but the belief that side had - I truly hope we can replicate that now as I believe we have the cattle achieve something great. Go Bombers.

4 Likes

Must have heard me. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The ‘93 prelim was an amazing game to be at, and the Crows were a very good team.

Also, the game is a fantastic watch now just as much to see the skills of our opponents, and the general quality of football, as anything else.
The fact that we came back and beat them just makes it so much sweeter.

3 Likes

So good to see Mark Mercuri was at the Premiership reunion. I know they’ve been struggling to get him back involved with the club.

Such an important player for us, and one of this club’s all time greats. Massively under rated player amongst supporters.

27 Likes

Chris Daniher’s ears haven’t gotten any smaller :slight_smile:

Underrated player. Would run all day.

Merc looks fantastic
Bomba looks like he’s gonna destroy someone and Harvs still doesn’t know how to dress😂

4 Likes

Surely Hirdy could have rescheduled what he was doing overseas and made it there.

Mercuri looks just as good now as he did then.

Must be the Italian blood. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

As a young kid I wore his number on my back. Dad managed to get Aaron henneman to take my jumper to mercs for him to sign.

Even years after he retired and I’d wear that jumper to games, fans would walk up to me and speak about how good Mercuri was

10 Likes