93 premiership team

Me too.

I still fit into my 90’s cotton jumper and that has number 2 on the back. Mercuri is my all time favourite.

Have been turned off with Dyson & Bellchambers wearing it. I’d much prefer Nick Martin.

2 Likes

I was only 12 years old at the time, but I have so many happy memories of that season. And to finish it off by smacking Carlton with Longy, my all-time favourite player, running amok, was almost too good to be true. It was an amazing season, at a time when the footy was a better spectacle than it is now.

The 1993 Premiers Victory Pack DVD box set includes all four finals and a season review feature. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Maybe, maybe not. From my own work, I had zero flexibility in rescheduling work commitments and their locations. It could also be that after the Covid travel restrictions, there is a backlog to work through if remote is not considered appropriate.

Fair enough but I dare say he had 12 months notice.

What’s the story with all the others? Salmon, Long to name a couple. Funny how important that team is for me having being a very impressionable young teen at the time. Love that side, love that year.

Best not to rush to judgment or speculate without knowing the circumstances.

1 Like

I remember all the Bomber supporters hanging **** on Williams during the GF parade for his sook on not winning the Brownlow

2 Likes

Also great viewing

3 Likes

Calthorpe ate the 7 missing players.

12 Likes

Whos that holding the cup with Mark

Those talking about rifts and that only 13 turned up. You’re making ■■■■ up. Bomber was there. Only Hird and Wallis probably feel uncomfortable to attend. Olarenshaw is overseas and Salmon is more than happy with the club. So is Long. Somerville and Hills I have no idea but can’t see why they would be unhappy with anyone.

2 Likes

I hope Mercuri made a speech and EFC upload it soon. He is such a mysterious fella with a super low profile who I’ve only ever seen interviewed very briefly a few times in 30 years.

Wasn’t there a tragedy in the Mercs family that led to him becoming more introverted?

1 Like

David Shaw , the president in 1993

3 Likes

Could anyone on here provide some info on what became of Paul Hills? I really liked him as a player. Not blessed with a lot of skill, but he was fast and strong and pretty consistent. He played 50 games in his first three seasons, then got some injuries and that was it for him, from memory.

1 Like

He lost his brother but that was 6 or 7 years after 93 I believe. He was always shy and rarely interviewed from the very beginning.

Wow, David Calthorpe has really stacked it on!..
Why he was interviewed in the gym bewilders me…

The Long goal is regarded as one of the best ever in a grand final, but gee, that Calthorpe goal for mine is right beside it, maybe even better. How often does a guy rove the centre tap, take 2 bounces and drill it over the line from 55? Let alone in a grand final? You can’t kick a goal quicker than that from a centre bounce and it stopped Carlton right in their tracks and shut the noisy Carlton crowd that had awoken for the first time all day as they got within 30 points.

12 Likes

He was primarily recruited as an athlete when that was seen as significant in developing good payers. Form and injury led to earlier than anticipated delisting. There were rumours that something off field affected his relationships with other players, but if true, it is unknown how much that would affect relationships in team cohesion on game day.

Is that David Grenvold in front of Misiti and Calthorpe?

1 Like