A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

The salacious story of Garry Lyon's affair with Nicky Brownless and subsequent emotional breakdown is multi-layered and punctuated with seemingly endless ramifications.

Thatā€™s a ridiculously constructed sentence.

ā€œHeā€™s as cunning as the crimes he solves.ā€

Caroline Wilson backing Lyon in, while in the same story bemoaning AFL 'boys clubs' is quite humorous, especially a considering she is right in the thick of the AFL boys club.

So she thinks it is okay to have an affair with your best mates wife in the midst of them dealing with their marriage breakdown? So she wouldnā€™t mind if her partner went off and had an affair, she would back him in too?

No one, not a single person in the media has supported Bill Brownless, most have supported Lyon. An intriguing situation considering Lyon is the one at fault while Billy is the innocent bystander hit by the bus driven by Lyon.

And heā€™s being criticised for getting upset because ā€œhe doesnā€™t own his ex-wifeā€.

Caroline Wilson backing Lyon in, while in the same story bemoaning AFL 'boys clubs' is quite humorous, especially a considering she is right in the thick of the AFL boys club.

So she thinks it is okay to have an affair with your best mates wife in the midst of them dealing with their marriage breakdown? So she wouldnā€™t mind if her partner went off and had an affair, she would back him in too?

No one, not a single person in the media has supported Bill Brownless, most have supported Lyon. An intriguing situation considering Lyon is the one at fault while Billy is the innocent bystander hit by the bus driven by Lyon.

Hairy Garry played the mental health card first.

Just about to say that.
Tis why people are growing more skeptical when itā€™s used. it used to be a stigma to have mental illness, now itā€™s safety net for any bad behaviour.

meanwhile people who actually do suffer from mental illness get very little airtime compared to these hacks.

as IT said, billy has lost his missus, one of his closest friends, his reputation is being made fun of now, and yet people are sticking up for lyon, all cos he couldnā€™t keep his ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of one of 3 holes that would ruin his friendship with billy.

Also I think in this case thereā€™s a difference between mental illness and simply struggling with the ramifications of bad choices.
If lyon truely suffers from a mental illness, then i hope he gets the help he needs. If heā€™s merely again struggling cos of the ramifications to his inability to not stick his ā– ā– ā– ā–  in something, well then i have little to no sympathy for him and hope the cesspool that he works in and around buries him.

I read that Wilson article.

Not enough vitriol for mine. 2 stars.

Jeff Kennett is very quiet.

It takes to tango - Mrs B did the dirty on Mrs L.

Agree completely, doesnā€™t negate my comment though

I read that Wilson article.

Not enough vitriol for mine. 2 stars.

You actually read something of hers? I feel for you.

Oh hi! You all still here?
Can someone tell me wtf ā€˜crispy oneā€™ means?

Oh hi! You all still here? Can someone tell me wtf 'crispy one' means?

Thanks. Iā€™ve been too embarrassed.

I have to admit I just assumed it was a play on the whole ā€œporkingā€ discussion?

Iā€™d like to know tooā€¦ For a friend.

I'd like to know too... For a friend.

Crisp

A great artist never explains his work.

That's a ridiculously constructed sentence.
The salacious story of Garry Lyon's affair with Nicky Brownless and subsequent emotional breakdown is multi-layered and punctuated with seemingly endless ramifications.

Thatā€™s a ridiculously constructed sentence.

At least something is.

Thanks. Iā€™ve been too embarrassed.

I have no shame :slight_smile:

Hahahaha
And Australia, like its national game, is a forgiving country by nature.

Weā€™ll see, Caroline, how consistently you apply this.

I remember when she said this about Hird on Footy Classified in 2013, especially after someone serves their time.

And then proceeded to continue bagging him for two years.