A little crispy one Garry - The footy media thread

Possibly RoCo best ever rant on Sunday’s Footylogy Podcast. Less talk about the Premier and more keeping the media accountable please Rohan.

Is this the thread for berating media personalities? If so, how was Robbo and Whately form on 360. Robbo tries so hard to not come across as an EFC supporter that he completely ignores them. He basically wants to bum Petracca and Melbourne and how was DP3 not their weekly hero? Two biggest tossers in media.

2 Likes

did think it was weird the first ten minutes was how bad pies were, etc.
so negative, could try and find a positive and celebrate Parish and TIppa.
But maybe because Rutten coming on later they didnt want to do that first i guess.

Alot of the shows are like that. I generally only watch those shows after ANZAC day games we win, last night on On The Couch all they did was talk about how bad Pies, Saints are, how bad Eagles were, how bad North are. Barely a mention about how good the opponents were

2 Likes

I am honestly at a loss at how Slobbo ever got a job on TV, and even more amazed that he still has one after all these years.

How tf do people actually listen to his idiotic ramblings??

I can take about 15 seconds before I want to claw my own ears off.

4 Likes

Most people in football media have the IQ of a farking bin. They know the right people, suck up to them and they get to steal a living (to use one of Robbo’s sayings). They’re a bunch of oafs.

6 Likes

1 Like

The fact that Eddie McGuire is still on the air in any form after a commissioned report found the organization he presided over for 20 plus years was guilty of systemic racism is unfathomable.

And to rub salt into the wound, he brings his grubby mate Demetriou onto the show as a special guest last week.

The hubris of the man knows no bounds.

9 Likes

Did David King barrack for the Bombers as a kid ?. He seems to express love and best wishes for the club, a lot. Sure he might criticise individual performances at times, but as regards the club, as a whole, he seems very positive

3 Likes

I am pretty sure Whately is pushing for the title of AFL broadcaster Doyen after Bruce retired.
Clearly sees himself as the thinking mans AFL broadcaster.
So, which Australian commentator gets the job for commentating on the Tokyo games?

Roy & HG. There is no one else.

7 Likes

Well, if you want the AFL, Aussie Rules or anything about football totally ignored, get Sydney Roy and Sydney HG. Dead set flogs!

1 Like

I meant for the games. Not footy.

1 Like

He slurs so badly that l just can’t understand him.
Better to give up than try to decipher his ramblings.

Says the same OBVIOUS things over and over and over again.

The scary thing is, this is their flagship show, and he’s still there after a decade, … so that can only mean there’s a lot of people that actually enjoy it??

That’s depressing.

I used to watch 360 on the odd night years ago. I finished work early the other day and flicked around and found it again.

It was ■■■■■■■ unwatchable. I swear Robbo was shitfaced. Slurring, yelling, slobbering on the desk, it was laughable that they let him on air. And if he wasn’t ■■■■■■, that’s nearly even more worrying.

Amazing he’s got as far as he has considering he’s also borderline illiterate.

3 Likes

He has always generally been very supportive of the club, overall. I have always assumed he either supported the club or has always liked it and had a healthy respect for it.

1 Like

My fear is that he isn’t shitfaced, but just sounds like that all the time.

3 Likes

Don’t stress.
Not that many people actually watch.
As with most TV shows the actual figures are hard to come by publicly, but even their own tyre-pumping owners - News Ltd- can only come up with the figures of;
“Up to 100,000 people “

As aficionados of toothpaste advertising know “up to” also includes the figure zero.
So, being fair, allow them 70,000 viewers on average.
There are 6.7 million people in Victoria (you could add SA, WA, Tassie & Diggers if you want a full potential audience)
So in short, more than 6.6 million people choose NOT to watch that crap.
Less than 1% of the population actually watch. Take industry insiders out, and add national viewers, and the percentage shrinks again.

You’re generally safe from bumping into them.
Except on Footy websites.

*Excuse length of post, but the Media exaggeration of the Media’s reach & influence really gets my goat at times. Especially for niche wankfests.

2 Likes

And then you’ll have a young woman do some special comments and people will lose their minds. ‘I don’t like her shrill/nasaly voice’

Need more women in football commentary to replace the idiot men. They know their stuff, unlike some of these other duds.

6 Likes