A quiet place to grieve

VFL watching is good for your fix. Played finals (and won) last couple of years, one kick away (twice) fro. Prelims. You get to see real development and genuine happiness (Francis, Mozzie etc).

4 Likes

I took my son to his second ever game on the weekend. His first was the Brisbane game last year where we got run over. Whereas that game was a total chore for me as he had no interest this time around he had the best time. I guess it’s an age thing (he’s turning 5 in two weeks) but he couldn’t have been more excited about going, about being there, about asking me a million questions. We must have annoyed everyone within earshot of us as he asked me ‘where’s Devon Smith’ at least 60 times but I don’t really care. I was so happy that he’s taken an interest and becoming a fully fledged Bomber fan that I was able to take some joy out of the day that I imagine most on here couldn’t.

11 Likes

I wish you the very best of luck.

I think I’m at acceptance. It feels like acceptance.

But I’m angry about that.

3 Likes

You just made me angry about it.

I still think with a fit Joe and Hooker we could beat most teams. So I guess Im still at denial.

4 Likes

You have a bad case of loser denial

It’s the death of competetive spirit within the EFC

We are the exact opposite of the ruthlessness and competitiveness of the 2000 team

Mostly because we lack players like JJ, Hardwick, Solomon, MJ, Barnard and Moorcroft who opposition players would be terrified of playing against, not because they were physical at the man, but because of their physicality for the contest.

The closest we have is Stringer, and we had to recruit him from another club.

Getting Gown is heading in the right direction, but we are three more ruthless competitors short of being anywhere near decent.

You could call em Goddard types.

1 Like

I am sort of expecting the club to come out today with a big laugh announcing that the last two weeks were in fact one huge prank . Playing for real , from now on . April Fools. Ha Ha Ha . You should have seen the looks on your faces when we backed up the GWS debacle with a loss to StKilda . Ha Ha Ha (Fanta missing all those goals . Ha Ha ) . Sorry but we are that good that we know we will make the top 4 from here easy . Ha Ha Ha .

4 Likes

I couldn’t think of anything more cruel than having a child and making them an Essendon supporter for life.

No I didn’t!

■■■■. I’ve regressed to denial.

Acceptance.

While the Bombers are my biggest sporting obsession, I also support Real Madrid (will win nothing this year) and the San Francisco Giants (who, 4 games into a 162 game season are done).

At some stage you got to just take stock and admit to what you as a supporter can control. And, following the saga, I have decided to not let it get me in the dumps. Just enjoy the ride and hopefully our next premiership is not 18yrs away…

1 Like

I’ve lost interest

Watched 5mins of 1st quarter vs St Kilda and saw nothing to indicate we were going to turn round 1 around. No intensity. No sharp skills.

Pulled the the pin on going to Friday night vs Dees which had been pumped preseason as first game i’d go to.

I just can’t understand how a group can go from one of the in form teams of comp in latter half of last year to literally looking like worst side in the league.

Our skills are deplorable. There is no excuse for so called professionals to not be able to execute the basics. The players seemingly have NFI what they are doing ball in hand or without in defending.

I do believe we will get it together but season will be over again with too much to come back from like last year.

So presently I’m just meh about EFC, footy only worth watching for SuperCoach at present for me.

So I guess I am in denial .

I used to take my daughters down to the park when they were little. I’d kick the footy out from the make-shift goal square. My eldest would run and get it, kick it to my youngest, and then she’d kick for goal. My eldest used to pretend to be Hird, my youngest Lloyd.

EFC has given my family some very precious memories. I hope they can find a way forward and become a successful club again. I hope other fathers will get to play football with their kids, and their kids will want to be players from EFC.

5 Likes

I’ve got nothing more negative to say, I said it all last week.

Nothing has changed in that time, they’ve hit rock bottom already imo, thats how disgusted I am with the past month.

I’m just thinking positively constructively or being numb.

3 Likes

I think I am at acceptance, or perhaps apathy is a better word.

Like a couple of posters above, I took my daughter to her second game. She was so excited and it was a great experience for us both. First time she went, her face was buried in her ipad after one quarter. This time around, the ipad stayed in the bag and she asked questions the whole entire game. So for that fact alone, I enjoyed the game on the weekend. I got to trot out all of the lines my old man said to me as a kid: “A goal is worth 6 points, a behind is worth one point”, We are kicking that way this quarter " “yes, that’s right it was the other way last quarter. They change direction each quarter”, “No, the roof is not see-through” and the inevitable “There’s always next week”.

3 Likes

Really love the sentiment - or intent, of this thread. There are many places - well, all the places, where you can rant and rave and wring your hands and tear your hair out while swearing blue murder at everyone. But there is nowhere a Bomber supporter can find comfort and solace, and like-minded fans who would prefer to have a quieter think about things, make each other feel a little better, and cheer each other up.
It is specifically for that reason I originally joined this forum years ago. But it never actually eventuated. People who are upset are more likely to vent online, and instead of comfort, there is only more hurt and lots of one-upmanship in here. I truly wish there was this mythical place online, but there isn’t. This thread will be another of the many, no doubt.

10 Likes

I’m at the h0rny stage.

7 Likes

I’m not sure where i’m at. I keep asking myself How a season can be shot after 2 rounds?Surely, this is impossible? I try to find positives but it’s hard. I strongly defended Woosha last year during our slow start, but I can’t this time. I don’t think we need a philosophical coach right now, but more a meat and potatoes style. If things don’t change quickly, I’d be inclined to hand the keys to Skippy and see how the players respond.

As an aside, I went to watch the two’s at Sandy on the weekend. There is hope to be found with a few of the young kids running around.

Things are never as dark as they seem.

Hang in there Blitzers

4 Likes