A quiet place to grieve

I actually admire Collingwood - despite them having a president who has ensured his club is constantly being sucked off by the AFL. I admire them because they stuck by Buckley and said president does not let anyone ■■■■ on his club.

3 Likes

I’m at bargaining.

I’m convinced, Woosha is a master tactician and by far the smartest coach in the AFL. He knows that coaches will be replaced by robots and so he is teaching the players to adapt and coach themselves and make game adjustments on the fly (using an advanced form of telepathy). We’re just ironing out the kinks…

1 Like

I’m not convicned that they have their eye on the (foot) ball.
Its hard to know what is going on inside the walls, but they are ultimately responsible for decisions on recruitment and others. And there has been a lot of dodgy decisions. I imagine they see their role as very hands off and rightly so.
But when things have been pear shaped for years they are the ones that need to be drilling down to work out where the failure is. They cant just accept the word of the CEO.

anger stage for me. But even the word anger doesn’t do it justice

The worst part is, it’s all of our own making. At least during the saga the anger could be directed at the AFL and media etc.

When the club is making decision after decision that is killing the club, it does my head in

Thanks

I’m at Done.

Done until the club stops making stupid decisions.

I got from anger, last week right through to acceptance at half time Saturday afternoon

3 Likes

It’s a reasonable position.
It could be argued that the appointment of the coach was AFL influenced.
The extension absolutely was not.

1 Like

Its so good that the new way of teaching young kids to play footy and not worry about scoring actually helps them to become Essendon supporters !

1 Like

I had no problem when he was appointed, as long as he was motivated to actually do the job and not take it as a pay check.

But keeping him on when it’s clearly not working and actually getting worse is just madness

1 Like

Yeah I got that for the first time with my 7yo against GWS.

Is that really the score Dad?

Yes son it is. Now get me the tissues.

2 Likes

TRUTH THREAD MKII

This is exactly my situation.

My 2 y.o. daughter had a blast. Said her 1st “go bombers” and was blissfully ignorant of what was happening on the ground.

And the hot chips. She’s a fiend. If our football team were as determined, focussed and adept at playing football as she is at stealing my chips we’d be planning our premiership celebrations!

10 Likes

I know a few of them and they’re not. They already feel last year was a cruel joke aimed at boosting their expectations.

I was chatting to one sat night about our clubs’ respective problems. Sad thing is he pointed out that we’d had this same conversation two years ago. Fast forward two years…

1 Like

Too many are at acceptance

1 Like

It’s not like that. After watching Essendon since 1983, the period between 2007 and now is pretty hard to accept. They never used to be like this.

2 Likes

Acceptance is always the goal. Now, breathe deeply …

I vacillate between anger, frustration and acceptance.

Towards the end of last season for the first time since Hird’s first year as coach I let myself believe we’d turned the corner and a genuine flag contender. The club’s recruitment in the off season only heightened these hopes. This is why, for me at least, the anger is so intense. Partly because I was stupid enough to let myself believe we were on the up. What’s the old saying? “Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me”.

I’ve been a lifelong Essendon supporter, but for the first time in my 61 years I’m seriously at the point of giving up on them and becoming an AFL agnostic. There’s only so much I can take before it starts to affect my mental health.

2 Likes

I’m at indifference.

I’m sure in years gone by it would have been different, but results (good or bad) won’t impact whether I go to games or not, or how I feel about the club. Sure, I’d prefer we won, but ehh, it’s not like the players or coaches are actively trying to make us lose. Just the way it is.

Take him to the VFL…we’re flying and it’s huge fun :):grinning:

4 Likes