A thread about rain and no other things

giggles

Hot weather won’t last ahead of wintry blast to hit Victoria

Victoria is expected to go from summer to winter in a matter of days, with plummeting temperatures, heavy rain and a smattering of snow to come later in the week.

The mercury hit 30C in Melbourne today, but a wintry blast is on its way.

A strong cold front is set to sweep across the state late Tuesday, bringing storms, flash flooding and late November snow.

Bureau of Meteorology state manager Dr Andrew Tupper said while the CBD would enjoy humid temperatures of 26C early Tuesday, the weather will turn nasty later in the afternoon.

Dr Tupper warned Victorians to keep an eye on forecasts and weather warnings as storms lash the state.

“High humidity will move into the state with the potential for severe thunderstorms and local heavy rainfall acrosscentral areas, including Melbourne during the afternoon,” Dr Tupper said.

Parts of eastern Victoria could also see flash flooding as isolated thunderstorms bring up to 25mm of rain before the coldfront moves to the Victorian Alps, dropping the mercury as low as 0C on Thursday.

Despite the inclement weather, Dr Tupper said it is not unusual to see swings in temperature at this time of year.

Snow will once again dust Victoria’s alps — in late November.

However, the heavy rain and thunderstorms are expected to miss most parts of western Victoria.

Melbourne will endure temperatures as low as 9C on Thursday as the cold front settles in.

Dr Tupper said alpine areas may get some snowfall with Victoria’s mountain tops to see most of the light coverage.

Winds are also expected to pick up to about 35kmh.

But any snowfall will likely be fleeting as temperatures rise again heading into the weekend.

Saturday will see clearing showers and a top of 18C, with enough sun about for Victorians to enjoy election day. Sunday willbring much of the same, with a maximum of 19C and a slight chance of showers.

Someone might need to help her out.

1 Like

There was a storm here just now and some umbrellas blew over and i got dust in my eye.

this story is true.

3 Likes

Are you ok mate?
Do you need any help?

1 Like

Did I mention there are also too many mosquitoes?

We shall prevail.

It has been raining in the Atecama Dexert, drowned some of the wildlife.

Wow!

Irving?

Just started raining here which will help me sleep better as earlier today there was a grass fire about 1km away and headed in our direction. The CFS did a great job of containing it and then putting it out completely but the rain eases my mind

2 Likes

Not enough mosquitoes.

1 Like

It doesn’t rain in Arica. Ever. No need to shield the drinks machine or its powerpoint.

1 Like

you’ll be happy to know i cleaned my gutters last night in anticipation of today’s rain.

go me.

you can save that bed in emergency for someone else.

2 Likes

It rained here last night.
We get all our rain with the prevailing nor westerly so if it’s ■■■■■■■ down in Adelaide we get it a few hours later.
If we get a southerly it’s frickin freezing as it comes straight of the Antarctic. The rains just an added non bonus.
southerlys are pretty rare.

I bless the ains down in Arica

1 Like

The Atacama Desert is the driest place on earth.

We’ve only had a few spots of rain so far, but it looks like it’s not far away.

The rains are here.