A thread about rain and no other things

After the ACT bushfires no one was praying for rain, but it did rain quite heavily, stirred up the debris, most of the fire retardant foam and bits of charred dead animals got swept into the water catchments. Water supply was critical for some time. So, when the muck from roads gets into the drains , it can be a worry.

Enjoy the rain this morning you Melbourne people.

Not great for the traffic, but it does give everything a nice fresh feeling.

2 Likes

and of course I have the sprinklers to come on in 10 mins. It’s like taking an umbrella for the evening walk and it never ends up raining.

Oh well, garden will get a good soak.

Lady with a shopping trolley went to get on the tram in the rain, wheels got stuck in the gap. She tries to get trolley free and board tram, tram doors close on her and the trolley and… her large box of Krispy Kreme donuts fell to the ground spilling donuts everywhere.

You can imagine how impressed she was. She starts telling off the tram assistant on the stop whilst trying to board the tram again. Doors shut, and tram takes off without her.

Most of the donuts were retrieved back into the box - so if your work colleague rocks up mad as hell about her tram ride I suggest you skip the donuts, or at least the rain soaked ones.

5 Likes

They’re Krispy Kreme. Those things are hermetically sealed by the absurdly excessive glazing on them.

Also, they’re awful.

5 Likes

Instantaneous diabetes

Never had one. Never will.

Also never had Starbucks “coffee” (cough), … and never will.

unless it’s raining donuts, you lot can gtfo.

1 Like

I don’t see any rain as it looks to be a glorious sunny day in Melbourne.

1 Like

And I hope it stays that way because I need to burn off tomorrow.

Sunday according to the BOM. Is that good burning off weather?

54%20pm

Maaaybe. Morning fog often means overnight dew, which would make my mountainous woodheap damp, and I won’t be able to give it time to dry properly if it’s going to get windy later. Fingers crossed…

No burning here, fire season has been declared.

I’ve got until the end of November. Might be able to swing an extension given the torrents that came down around Cup Day, but I don’t want to push my luck. And the forecast is for rain all next week, so it’s kinda tomorrow or bust.

Did you get pictures.

I’m thinking @SMJ might be interested.

1 Like

Significant rain for most of Victoria (far north will probably miss out… again) starting from late Tuesday. Will be on/off heavy for a few days too. And cold (!) for this time of year.

Might clear out by next weekend before another rain system in the works.

City only 7mm away from monthly average… most suburbs (after Cup Day deluge) already past it. Those places that haven’t will be well above average by this time next week.

I’m worried that this thread is going to end up like the Black Saturday one, where everyone was egging on the temperature and then half the state got destroyed.

2 Likes

Unfortunately summer of 2008/09 started in similar fashion to this one.

Warm and dry period around September/October… below average November and December with some rain… then the oven was turned up in January.

Not ideal.