A Whinge About Whingeing

Well, it’s a lot harder to find now this year. The last qtr against the hawks was pretty good. There’s a couple of players I like to watch, but it’s thin on the ground.

So, I’ve found at times it’s just not worth watching (as far as entertainment) so I just switch it off and go find something better to do. I never thought I’d ever be able to do that. It’s actually quite liberating.

As far as the spectacle of Australian Rules football goes, i don’t think the game/sport is actually as entertaining as it used to be. Lots of dropping the ball, playing for free kicks, and rules that were never rules when I was playing.

So another reason to switch off. Sadly, easy to do.

4 Likes

Then he literally falls on his sword whilst reciting long verses from Way of the Samurai.

3 Likes

Dunno about you but one good quarter in what, 9 games of footy, is not going to keep me coming back. If footy is just entertainment, which im not really disputing, then something has to change to make watching the EFC more entertaining else my money is going elsewhere.

1 Like

Just wait until jack silvagni calls us ■■■■. Then we’ll know we’re at our lowest point

2 Likes

My favorite was that Heppell is a ■■■■ leader and should be more like a WWII general who slapped two soldiers with shell shock and got removed from command for doing so.

9 Likes

i’m quite fond of the “why don’t they express themselves the same way i do” flavour of posts. “why rutten no emotion”, “gOoD oLd FaShIoNeD sPrAy”, that sort.

10 Likes

We havent finished higher than 7th since 2004

Gotta serve up an over-the-top whinge to get those likes. There’s a fair bit of “I’m way more ■■■■■■ about this than everyone else” swinging going on. Could be genuine, could be forced. It’s all good, scroll past the nonsense, same as always.

12 Likes

That one.

I also enjoy the posts stating that Rutten is dumb/stupid/an idiot.

Often raise an eyebrow at those ones.

3 Likes

We finished 8th in 2004.

It’s actually 2002. Finished 5th.
Bang on 20 years.

You really should have ran that line

3 Likes

Yeah but if I want to whinge about Rutten I’m confused about which of the six different “whinge about Rutten” Threads I should be posting in.
The Rutten Thread?
The Sack Rutten Thread?
The Game Plan What Is It Thread?
The Assistant Coaches Thread?
The Pro Clarkson Thread?
Etc etc etc

Bugger it, I’ll start a new one.

Hang on, that might be what @swoodley is talking about.

3 Likes

But neither is the whinging.

This is the accumulated heat of hundreds of moments over hundreds of rounds of football where we have shown ourselves not only to be terrible at football, but terrible at doing anything to improve that.

It’s reached boiling point. We’ve been patient. That patience, far from being rewarded, has been spat back on our faces.

X rewarding himself with an extension in one of the worst weeks in the club’s history is a bridge too far.

4 Likes

There is also the small matter of the premiership 5 or so years ago …

1 Like

Well said, good to see someone with the courage to go against the easy and popular voice.

Lol, this is “easy”, is it?

This thread:

Actually more like

Ross the boss wouldn’t stand for this ™

4 Likes

Do what I do and stop tracking the whinging threads. Change them to normal and you need to no longer look at the latest comments. Just follow what you want to know, and ■■■■ the rest.

1 Like