A Whinge About Whingeing

I’m disappointed.
Not one post mentioning HaPpY cLaPpErS or AcCePtInG MeDiOcRiTy.
I thought I knew Blitz…

5 Likes

As one of the more positive people on Blitz, I find the scrutiny on the club ill founded. I personally hope that we make no changes and rely on the clearly competent people that we have employed by the club. I have never been surer that things will eventually turn around and we will all get to bath in the glory. I’m going to go do my morning ritual of walking past the bomber shop and looking for some great deals.

10 Likes

The only thing that’s improved at EFC is the wind. The sou wester at Windy Hill is no match for the Northerly at Tulla, something Dave Evans can hang his hat on.

Okay @Clone_Hirdy, thats good stuff.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah I’m ok with my whingeing. When people like Sal start writing letters to the president it’s pretty obvious things are amiss.

2 Likes

I’m down for whingeing. Mine is mostly tongue in cheek and it’s a coping mechanism for the emotional rollercoaster the club puts me/us through.

The reality is, we are very early into a re-something - rebuild/refresh/relessbeshit and it’s going to hurt before it gets better. And just cross your fingers it’s not another 20 years…

If not keen on seeing what is being dished up on blitz at the moment, there’s mute, and there is don’t log on to blitz. I’m putting this in the social media bucket, it can be taxing. A break every now and then is good for the soul.

4 Likes

Ah, the Oscar Wilde classic.

1 Like

I am typically a wildly optimistic supporter, and normally I would agree with this thread. At some point, as members of an organisation, which most of us are, you have to acknowledge the rot and speak up .

2 Likes

I don’t really give a ■■■■.

The sooner people realise that the AFL is entertainment over sport, the sooner you’ll be content.

It’s manufactured to the eyeballs, and so will the rise to our next flag.

Just enjoy the bits you can, and ignore all the other stuff.

6 Likes

Good on him- Old Brasher got one from me last night too.
Politely enquired about all the successful measures of performance that justified the urgent extension of X.

1 Like

I agree with some of your sentiment (back the players and the coach) but I think the overall thrust of your argument fails to separate the different elements of the club.

There’s plenty of room to support the team, want stability for them - back-in the coach and give him the adequate support required to succeed - but also recognise that the club itself needs major changes in the administration ranks. We can, and I think we should, call for heads to roll - Not as a knee-jerk reaction to not being premiership contenders, but as an act of love for the club and the understanding that for it to be better things need to change at the top.

3 Likes

Well the board and coaches need to be sacked because I’m not entertained.

6 Likes

And we all know the appropriate place to speak up is:
The club is farked thread
The XAV CEO thread
The Rutten thread
The Dyson thread
The game day threads
The Shiel thread
The Jackets thread
The list build thread
The injury report thread
The where’s the team thread
The here’s the team thread
The VFL threads
The Tex Wanganeen thread
The James Hird thread
The non Essendon games thread
The Ukrainian war thread

12 Likes

Where’s the entertainment value in watching essendon then?

"I’m sick of all the new threads about whinging and being negative…

Better start a new thread about it".

1 Like

:joy: it true - it’s in there. Somehow.

Not enough threads for mine…

Would rather go through any of that than, you know…

2 Likes

Tbh, there are some ver large brain suggestions being posted. My favorite so far being that Brasher should come out and call the whole playing list soft. Genius.

13 Likes