Active Support- We Are Essendon

This is bound to generate mixed emotions, but I would like to hear your opinion on what I am about to say. 

Last week I attended my first A-league game between the Victory and the Phoenix, and the atmosphere got me thinking. The only significant active support in the AFL is the Alberton crowd at the 'Portress' during home games, they generate an amazing atmosphere. 

On YouTube I managed to find glimpses of active support for our Bombers, such as the 'Essendon' chant on ANZAC Day 2013, and numerous videos of a 'We Are Essendon' chant, which sounds fantastic.

I would like to see a group of loud active supporters at Essendon games. Do you think this is possible? Perhaps the cheer squad can ramp it up a level. Also, any ideas for possible chants?

Just putting some thoughts out there, no hate please.

Go Bombers!

Really? That’s hugely disappointing for such a great initiative

Airhorns.

No drums.

We need drums. Keep the “we are essendon” chant in time!

Iran at the Asian cup had “team leaders” roaming the crowd leading the chants

F-18's are jets. We need a bomber. One of those absolutely enormous things to fly as low and slow over the stadium as possible.

Stealth Bomber. Sneaks up quietly and then… BOOM SHAKA LAKA! Essendon goes BANG!

To be fair, I don’t think WE used that term. We were the Same Olds.

@Zimmer Understand there are some sensitivities around the Air Raid siren, which is why it isn't used on Anzac Day. With a name like the Bombers and a logo of the Bomber plane there will be a lot of stuff we do which some people will find offensive but it is never our intention.
Maybe we should change our name back to our previous name before the bombers? Less offensive?
@Zimmer Understand there are some sensitivities around the Air Raid siren, which is why it isn't used on Anzac Day. With a name like the Bombers and a logo of the Bomber plane there will be a lot of stuff we do which some people will find offensive but it is never our intention.
Maybe we should change our name back to our previous name before the bombers? Less offensive?

Only if its the blood of Fark carlton.

F-18’s are jets. We need a bomber. One of those absolutely enormous things to fly as low and slow over the stadium as possible.

Needs more giant bottles of sauce like the mariners have in the a-league.

Drop afew warheads on visy park. I’m not talking about a natxhday thing just do it

Once we start shooting T-shirts into the crowd, I’m out.

(Would make a good slogan for a T-shirt.)

But yeah, I’m out.

(Still part of the T-shirt slogan.)

Yeah. It’s a tricky area. And it will be a tricky transition for the club to make (or is perhaps already in the process of making).

I like how some clubs answers to pre game entertainment is a t-shirt cannon or a hover.

Collingwood were using t-shirt cannons 12 years ago and Carlton were using the same hover pre game around 12 years ago as well.

Ummm… some may be sensitive there RBP?

I reckon we should organise an F-18 fly by for games at the G.

With the final pass leaping into a full vertical with the after burners blazing.

Now there’s ya match day experience.

True story - One of my best m8s brothers is an EFC supporter who flies F/A 18s - He’s done the flyovers for the Grand Prix a couple of times.

Sounds like he might put his hand up for the job …

IED’s buried randomly on the ground.

Ok, I don’t really like the ‘Americanisation’ of our sports. But if ya gonna do it…

Get one of these for Skeeta. It’ll shoot a hotdog/tshirt/anything into the top deck.

Uploaded with Imgupr

And, one of these to fly around and drop stuff into the crowd.

Uploaded with Imgupr