Adam Goodes Documentary

Yes it is in the film, I heard the fellas talking about it on one of the footy shows. Good and not so Good/es stuff. I will watch it with an open mind.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be very keen to watch this.

There is so much racist undercurrent to our society that he certainly inflamed.

Donā€™t think the ā€˜heā€™s a flog so thereā€™s nothing racist going onā€™ response before viewing it shows much intelligence

5 Likes

I donā€™t think the ā€œtheyā€™re booing him so they must be racistā€ response shows much intelligence either.

10 Likes

There is racism though. Definitely.

Is it part of the booing and responses by AFL etc? You may make your mind up if you watch.

Booooooooooooo umpires

That one will get filed along with Beaches and Titanic for mine.

4 Likes

I can tell you McGuire comes out of this looking horrible and tried to suppress a lot of it.

1 Like

Considering how much we adore Tippa, I think people are daft ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  ignorant morons. They want everything to be ā€œracistā€. Only thing that was, were McGuireā€™s dumb comments.

6 Likes

I have no racist feelings towards him whatsoever ā€¦but he made me so angry with his style of playing for frees, and kneeing. Could not care who he was, I booed his tactics, not his skin.

19 Likes

You reckon theyā€™ll have footage of that infamous Friday night game at Etihad?

If so Iā€™m watching.

What a powder keg atmosphere that night.

10 Likes

What about the ā€œHeā€™s a flog but yeh people are still racistā€ response?

2 Likes

Goodes got Boed because he Boed Australia.

2 Likes

In fairness, why wouldnā€™t he?

ā– ā– ā– ā–  of a footballer, important bloke.

For the record, I booed Adam Goodes the footballer, but I applaud the man. He actually diminishes his good work by overplaying the impact of the booing.

13 Likes

I have no doubt heā€™s suffered a lot of racism. I never liked his combination of sliding knees first AND staging for fees. Nothing to do with race, but I guess boos donā€™t come with a motive to tell them apart. Itā€™s quite probable that those who would boo him purely because of his play are in the minority. I donā€™t know.

The other side of it is that if everyone steps on eggshells and says nothing critical, prattish behaviour by the likes of Goodes and Serena Williams can sail by uncriticised.

6 Likes

Enough about Matty Lloydā€¦

1 Like

How do you know what the impact of booing had on him?

1 Like

I cant ever remember his brother Brett getting booed.

Venus is also much moreā€¦controlled on court than her sister.

1 Like

Sureā€¦ It was never about raceā€¦

The incident became public when an Essendon supporter submitted an anonymous post on the clubā€™s fan site, Bomberblitz, two hours after the Bombersā€™ loss to the Swans.

ā€œI could not believe what I heard from an Essendon member,ā€ the supporter wrote.

ā€œLate in the first quarter, Adam Goodes got his first touch when he received an easy mark just inside 50.

ā€œAt that stage, we (were) more than six goals down and no one was too happy that Goodes held the ball within kicking distance. There was ā€¦ the banter you would expect to hear from a footy crowd.ā€

Then the supporter claimed he heard someone say: ā€œF*** off, Magilla the gorilla.ā€

ā€œI turned around and asked loudly, ā€œWho said that?ā€ An adult male replied in a cocky manner, ā€œI did.ā€

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/adam-goodes-racially-abused-by-essendon-fan-in-friday-night-clash-at-etihad-stadium-western-bulldogs-apologise-to-demon-neville-jetta/news-story/1cb1f219b9b7db7d61ebc7ec5e9b9320

3 Likes

Youā€™re over simplifying things. Itā€™s not a black and white issue.

1 Like

Booooooo

1 Like