Adam Goodes Documentary

From what I’ve heard - that is the point. It lays the sequence of events and shows the effects with clarity.

2 Likes

But everybody already knows what happened. Aren’t documentaries meant to show some sort of unquie insight/ opinion? This is essentially clickbait.

One thing that I didn’t realize was just how long it went on for in total from the original incident with the young girl til the end. Did realize it was 3 years

They’ve just mentioned him staging for free kicks. Don’t think anyone can accuse it of being one sided given that

1 Like

I don’t think it’s actually been too preachy honestly. It’s not a one sided Michael Moore doco or anything like that

I missed the start, but the game footage with comical piped-in booing is not helping its case.

2 Likes

The usual canine dog excretement people Bolt, Jones and Panahi briefly being quoted

I highly doubt it was piped in. It’s not Vince

1 Like

Absolute bullshit he didn’t think the ‘War Dance’ wasn’t going to cause a stir. Sorry, he is blatantly lying about that. Re-watching it now, and I still think he was lying.

8 Likes

The infamous ‘Hutchy Rug’ getting a run!

3 Likes

What i want to hear from any one with an entrenched position is if the doco changes their mind.

He’s right about how people don’t like outspoken aboriginals. I’m friends with Briggs manger, and he had to hire a person who’s specific job is to delete racist replies on Briggs’ social media accounts.

The week that Briggs did the anthem breakdown he had to work 90 hours!

3 Likes

And Ella gave it back to grandstanding Jones with the facts as an indigenous player. So far, the only indigenous player other than Goodes in this documentary to have a say about the experience of an indigenous player. Otherwise, we are getting mostly white commentator reactions.

1 Like

I was wondering that too

Which one is the one you guys are watching?

It won’t change any minds. And I think that’s a shame

1 Like

■■■■ is wrong with people, seriously!?!?

1 Like

This refusal to play actual audio is embarrassing. It’s just setting itself up to fail there.

Otherwise, yeah, I know the likes of Bolt and Devine and Eddie are dickheads and control the minds of too many people.

EDIT: huh, I didn’t expect that word to get through. But they are.

Well to me that is the most important thing. I especially value the explanation of why from a person who changed their mind. I was not there to see the Goodes behaviours that cause Blitzers to have negative opinions of him. I have seen 1 instance of blatant staging, but sheesh Joey has staged a quite a few times. I totally accept that Goodes was upset by the booing.

2 Likes

The Alan Jones stuff? Is that what you’re referring to? They’ve played plenty of actual audio