Adam Goodes Documentary

Probably the best write up of this whole issues I’ve read - well done

I’m talking about the plentiful game footage, all with the same clip of booing stuck over the actual noise at that individual game. Even when they chop between different scenes they carry the sound clip over in one smooth boooooo.

It’s dumb. It gives the opposition a dishonesty stick to hit it with.

1 Like

I’m watching it with (good quality) headphones on. I really think you’re wrong about that. It wasn’t the same audio at all. I get what you mean about the slight carrying over though

It’s certainly not real audio from the scenes depicted. Sometimes you can hear different crowd noise under the overlay.

1 Like

I respect your view man, but that’s not how I heard it at all. Might have to rewatch

They are playing it now. It’s the exact same audio mate haha. Same tone, no variances, generic washed out sounding.

1 Like

Thank you. Both sides of this debate infuriate me at times.

Guys, what channel is this on?

It’s over. Channel 10. It was garbage. Wouldn’t bother.

On Ten, almost over, called The Final Quarter. Doesn’t look like it’s being repeated.

So he wasn’t being booed? What’s the point?

Yeah I’m not sticking around for “the project” afterward.

1 Like

I’m over west so hasn’t started yet

I thought it was great - I feel challenged personally and ashamed of not having a stand against the booing or negativity towards Goodes at the time.

2 Likes

Piped booing or not, it was impossible to tell the difference between racially motivated booing and booing by football supporters of other teams who didn’t like the way Goodes played the game
As one of those supporters I object to be being labelled racist

5 Likes

I agreed at the time - I didn’t ‘like’ him as a player, but I feel like with my attitude I stood with the racists rather than against them.

2 Likes

The game with north Melb. Booing just as loud and hardly any north supporters there. I would never boo him for being aboriginal, but did when he dived etc against efc. Makes me an odd person, cos I had an aboriginal grandmother I never knew. I would have loved to have known her, She died well before I was born. I am a freckled gingery person, so did not experience what my mum did. So what does this make me, for not liking the way he played at times. Find this all a bit confusing. I really admire him as an Australian of the year, not as a Sydney player…I don’t like any Sydney players. All too hard.

4 Likes

That’s the debate that will never be answered properly. Yes there’re racist ■■■■■ who are utter peices of ■■■■ but there are just as many maybe more who boo’d because they don’t like the way he played.

I boo’d cunnington on the weekend for one of the reasons i would boo Goodes.

4 Likes

I didn’t watch it and don’t like Goodes and never have.

Gil says That makes me a racist. Whatever.

But I like Tippa. And I like Liam Ryan. And I like Greg Inglis. And I like Patrick Ewing.

4 Likes

LOL

3 Likes