Adam Goodes Documentary

Did you ever self reflect at any point and think I’m doing harm to someone?

There are probably 30,000 in the crowd who feel just like you and get swept up in the moment just because they feel it’s their right.

That’d be pretty scary outside a game of footy don’t you think?

1 Like

Probably because both of those players were openly vilified by both fans and opposition so no need to mask the racism?

So let’s pretend footballers are entertainers. Good performances get applause, poor performances usually get silence, maybe a few heckles

Have you ever reflected how either response affected the performer. Maybe it just comes with the job.

1 Like

Dude please read up a bit more on Aboriginal history cause this just shows you probably haven’t-for reasons (that I hope you’ll read about) the percentage to which a person is “biologically” Aboriginal should not be a strong factor in discussion for serious historical reasons

4 Likes

No because it’s not the same as booing an individual for three years.

2 Likes

Very keen to watch it. Could not possibly understand how people tried to pretend the booing had nothing to do with the fact they were uncomfortable with an Aboriginal person calling out white Australia. The discomfort at being called racist is so frustrating and ignorant when the cost for the people experiencing the racism is so so much worse. Adam Goodes was absolutely dragged and he wasn’t even being that radical or inflammatory given the context. There are serious issues in this country and ignoring them is absolutely not good enough.

4 Likes

Titus O’Reilly’s take on it:

Adam Goodes: “Let’s work together in a positive manner to heal old wounds”.

People: “Why are you spreading hatred?”

6 Likes

No-one booed Adam Goodes for three years. I booed him for part of one game, and then he was just dead to me.

Are you one of those who want to make this a much bigger circus that it deserves ?

You are trying to pretend that my booing Adam Goodes was because I am uncomfortable with an Aboriginal calling out white Australia. I booed for his actions on the field, and you have fallen for the trick that prevented social justice for Indigenous Australia since Capt Cook. Blame everything on racism, when in fact no race or minority group should be above legitimate criticism .

1 Like

Did you watch the doco?

I’m looking at it from a different perspective than the one I was directly involved in.

Keli Underwood summed it up well at one point - you may not be racially motivated but you are standing with and amplifying racist voices

5 Likes

Ffs.

Calling out racism holds back people directly affected by racism? No ■■■■!

I really enjoy the argument that no one boos other aboriginal players. Clearly all about the staging. Yet there are plenty of other players who stage (and much more than Goodes) and none of them treated as viciously as Goodes was.

I think a lot of people booed because they didn’t like being told not to do it. The problem was that they were piling on top of people who were doing it for the wrong reasons.

2 Likes

You’re racist.

No I’m not.

Yes you are.

No i’m not.

Yes you are

No I’m not.

72 Aboriginal players and 1 gets booed. Give me a break…actually 2…I forgot about the ducker Lindsay Thomas.

I never booed either of them…but dispised the way Goodes played…I saw him take out one of our guys out in the centre square 30 meters off the ball…I dispise all snipers.

I do have to say, he has done more to divide Australia than any other indigenous player. Lucky there is Longy doing a great job in trying to bring Australia together.

2 Likes

Do you think he divided people or how people reacted divided people?

The absolute bs representation of Goodes after calling out the girl for racism was certainly a part of dividing community. As was the whole ‘I can boo anyone I like’. They were both reasons, no one is disputing that. The issue is that it was in tandem

1 Like

A few perspectives:

Racism may be better defined by the person on the receiving end, rather than from than the person on the giving end. I dont require Sam Newman or Allan Jones to define it for me.

If you are interested in learning and educating yourself about factual Aboriginal history read Dark Emu by Bruce Pascoe. It will help explain the current situation a bit more.

many folks are not aware of what they say and do, and its impact on Aboriginal people. All with no malice intended. As a non aboriginal person, I was like this. Still am. Education and awareness is required. My Aboriginal mates have been helpful in this.

I thought Adam Goodes was terrible in his last few years as a player. Sniper and stager. I didn’t boo him, as I am a non boo er. As a bloke, he is a champion.

The AFL came out of this saga as a bunch or miserable ■■■■■■. No surprises.

6 Likes

they feel uncomfortable because they are not allowed to have an opinion or feeling different to the PC world…thats why

If the crowd are racist, shouldn’t they have been boo-ing all the other aboriginal players as well? All the time. Hmm…

1 Like

This…he used to dive all the time too…the main reason people booed him. Then the AFL said no more booing Goodes and of course everyone doubled down on booing him cause its a free country !!!

Then the PC brigade got involved & Goodes upped the ante by making divisive comments & doing his war dance etc. poor Adam, is everyone feeling sorry for him yet?

Goodes is a flog … I personally never booed him, but the fact remains he is a flog & a puppet that dances to other peoples tunes.

Note: I won’t be watched the propaganda BS or if you like the re/writing of history around this issue by the cockroaches from Sydney.

4 Likes

I think your submission is divisive and wrong.

No one has the right to tell or dictate how another person chooses to identify themselves. That’s the prerogative of fascists and we’ve seen in recent history where that can lead.

It’s really disappointing that in this day and age where we are starting to understand how such behaviour and thinking can greatly effect the mental health of others that this kind of argument gets raised.

In terms of the booing, if someone says to you that something you are doing (or not doing) is really hurting them and you continue doing it (especially when to stop would not cost or hurt you at all), you just look like a ■■■■.

2 Likes