Draper Durham Merrett

Bench: Caldwell Hobbs Heppell Goldy
SUB: Hind

3 Likes

Kelly on a wing - no!!!

3 Likes

I would still bring in Archie Roberts.

12 Likes

I hope this thread can continue the theme of last week when 95% of posts totally wrote off any chance of a win.

Reality is though that despite it being a pretty tough game… it’s also very winnable. The Crows are a long way from Port’s level.

We’ve won our last 6 against the Crows, with two of those being at Adelaide Oval.

The smacking at the same venue last week will hopefully drive this group to atone. Another big stage Friday night game too.

6 Likes

How anyone could have Alwyn Davey in the team ahead of Tsatas is beyond me.

His father didn’t start playing till he was well into his 20s. Alwyn Jr may eventually be an okay player, but he’s nowhere near it now.

4 Likes

OUT: Menzie
IN: Tsatas

3 Likes

More young players please.

Roberts, Tsatas whoever.

Dont need another old bastard in Shiel unless its at the expense of another old bastard like Hind.

8 Likes

OUT: Menzie
IN: Tsatas or Roberts

3 Likes

Shiel for Menzie would be a decent upgrade. Happy for Tsatas to get some more inside mid time in the VFL for now and for Shiel to play HFF.

2 Likes

Kelly to spend time on Rankine.
Cox to the wing if we can cover them down back.
Maybe have to look at Hayes coming in to release Cox.

Davey’s speed was important last night, increased the pressure and he just has to bobble around half forward pouncing on loose balls, ala Bobby Hill. We have more than enough grunt with Hobbs, Caldwell, Durham etc. but need Davey for outside speed.

Parish is either not 100% or was extremely lazy last night. Not sure what’s going on there.

We have some conundrums if the list gets healthy. Midfield mix was better last night without Setterfield AND Parish. Not sure we can have 2 plodders.
Can’t play all of Draper, Wright, Jones and Goldy with Strings and Langers, unless they have long bench time. Maybe possible but would eat in to other rotations.

7 Likes

We’d have taken 3-2 at the start of the year, now with winnable games against Adelaide, Pies, Eagles, Giants, North & Richmond. Obviously Giants the hard one, but otherwise all games we can win if we play well. Main issue is if we are too slow with Wright, Jones & Langford in the one forwardline.

1 Like

IN: Tsatas, Shiel (sub)
OUT: Menzie, Hind

2 Likes

Last night unfortunately now has me expecting to win this game and that can only end one way :sweat_smile:

26 Likes

Who knows what Injury surprises we will get this week but assuming no new ones (I am dreaming…I know!):

Def - Redman, McGrath, McKay, Laverde (running out of tickets), Heppell, Martin (not a HBF) and Cox

Mids - Goldy (ruck), Durham, Duursma, Merrett, Caldwell, Hobbs, Tsatas, Kelly

For - Draper, Langford, Stringer, Gresham, Jones, Davey, Menzie

I seriously think Parish needs to find some form in the VFL so he’s out for mine (I am dreaming again…I know!) and I’m bringing Tsatas into the team and putting it on Durham and Caldwell again to be dominant at stoppage.

1 Like

There is no way Parish is playing VFL so people shouldn’t waste their time even typing it out.

Hasn’t been great so far but still one of our best midfielders and will turn it around at some point.

Adelaide’s midfield isn’t their biggest strength either.

13 Likes

I think Shiel will come in for Davey

I think Menzies will keep his spot

Crows first win of the season?

You may be right but I think Alwyn deserves to keep his spot. He chases pretty hard and the Adelaide Oval isn’t the biggest ground so he should go okay. Hobbs seemed to be playing the Perkins role last night with Caldwell getting more midfield time with Durham. I don’t see where Shiel comes in unless it’s to play on ball and (other than Parish) who would he replace?

2 Likes

Hind will not be dropped

1 Like

Good point, we need to drop one of the ruckmen or we’ll lose our forward pressure