Adidas No More - ISC Apparel partner from 2017

Any word on what we’ll have for Anzac Day? I didn’t like the adidas poppy thing and hope we just wear our normal one rather than try to monetise the day any more.

Take this as seriously as you think it should be taken as it’s from Big Footy, but someone is saying ISC is in strife. If they went bust I’d happily go to Puma, they’ve done a good job of Richmond’s jumpers and made our best jumpers this millennium.

I’d hope we went adidas or Nike they have the best general kit.

My adidas essendon running/trainingsinglet is sweet, the isc one is ■■■■.

Although my isc retro hoody was good though and cheap. Like that it was light. Wear it all the time.

I reckon our adidas jumpers looked ■■■■, they couldn’t get the sash right at all.

2 Likes

Adidas can GAGF. Absolutely butchered our jumpers, the 2015-16 sash was a disgrace. I liked Puma when we had them in the mid-2000s. If ISC are going under I hope we go with something really different and not in the AFL already. Back to Fila? Reebok? I really liked the mid-late 90s Reebok stuff. They had the sash just perfect, their tracksuits were quality too!

4 Likes

Go the kappa!

5 Likes

Does it really matter if it’s a sash or a stripe, when there is a giant Amart logo taking a messy dump through it either way?

3 Likes

Never seen a logo that doesn’t look ■■■■■, but the sash doesn’t have to be ■■■■■. The Puma one was great, Adidas made abominations.

image image image

2 Likes

Sad if true. Aussie company.

1 Like

All companies make garments to spec. They are designed, approved, then fabricated. If any particular company made 'a ■■■■ jumper’, it’s the fault of whoever signed off on it. I would have thought this was obvious.

5 Likes

I’m talking about the Amart logo. Not the look of the jumper.

Coincidently - I wasn’t talking to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Adidas made the better tracksuit stuff, and their jumpers from 14 or so were decent.

Puma 2004-06 with the watermarked Essendon logo’s were the peak imo. The current puma richmond one is the same, and their retro off feild stuff is pretty good.

5 Likes

What about canterbury?

I think Norf get there jumpers done by them. Do a good job of rugby kit.

can’t we just wear don white hungarian salami wrappers?

6 Likes

Gimme Adidas off field gear 2012 with Puma jumper 2006.

3 Likes

Adidas 2011- 2014 put out some great off field gear, but I’d like to see us partner with someone a little different this time - New Balance, Classic or even Canterbury as some have suggested.

If it’s true, I’d be hoping for Under Armour to come on board. They make good sporting apparel, I own a lot of their stuff and it’s quality.

6 Likes

With our wog quota up atm this would be appropriate.

3 Likes