Adrian Dodoro - Flankers into Mids since 2000 (Part 1)

maybe they just aren’t that good

1 Like

They’ve all got talent.

1 Like

so he makes good calls but he shouldnt be our list manager? is that what youre saying? how is my argument any more terrible than yours?

I agree Langford can play. I just think as a roaming forward…but weve done this argument to death

I feel sorry for the way Dodoro had his rising list build setback/reset by the saga…

…but there are other decisions that are all on him…eg. The whole ‘flankers-to-midfielders’ strategy has failed. Consequently we have had a sub-par midfield for years, and I expect it to continue for at least the next three years.

I think the modern game demands running power and athleticism, but Dodoro keeps drafting players that are slow off the mark (I’m thinking Mutch and Dlarke here). I need to see more, but I fear that Gown is just another immobile dinosaur…

I think it is time for Dodoro to move on. He doesn’t have any salary cap to trade with, and just a weak hand of second-rounders…maybe he stays one more off-season, but then that’s enough.

That’s exactly my point though. We play players in odd positions and ■■■■ with their natural development because we shift them around too much too soon.

Nope, now you’re just twisting what I said. Someone who’s getting 60% of their calls right is better than someone getting 40% of their calls right. It doesn’t mean EVERY decision the 40% list manager is the wrong one.

I agree he’screwed Langford but thats due to our poor midfield

if you were theoretically starting a club from scratch tomorrow, would he be your list manager/director of talent/CEO of incoming ability or WTF title we have given him?

Didn’t think so.

Good thing he brought in two more dinosaurs under him too. We are such a mess of a club it isnt funny.

1 Like

■■■■ man now I’m confused

this bloke walked around for years telling anyone that would listen you recruit talls first etc, get the spine right blah blah!

From what Im told has shutup on this now. Cant draft a good midfielder to save himself, but has conceded it is a midfielders game.

At what point is it down to development? So many show promise early but very few (if any) go and become elite

You’re talking ■■■■.

1 Like

yeah youre not making much sense at all. sorry @youngbarry, at least you make sense

Langford? One of very few who put in a passable game today.

1 Like

I can’t help you then, sorry. It’s a simple concept. Just because you’re no good doesn’t mean you’re not going to get any calls right. Bad clubs manage to have star players too, y’know?

IMO there is enough talent on our list. Recruitment is not our issue.

4 Likes

I don’t know at what point it comes down to development. Who does?

Surely it comes down to the individual too

I was really looking forward to a bigger better Parish this season yet he couldn’t get near it in JLT and couldn’t get a game in front of Myers

V

1 Like

You know how they say a picture says a 100 words , or something like that.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean screwed him for good. I luv the guy. Love him playing forward though