Afl announcement at 10 oclock

This is justice.

He may have had the brand's name at heart at the start.

But once you start covering up and ruining people's lives to smooth your brand protection you become a bad person and a corrupt person.

I wont be happy until Clothier quits too. Then hauled off in handcuffs.

This is justice.

But once you start covering up and ruining people's lives to smooth your brand protection you become a bad person and a corrupt person.

Yeah - good point.

I think he genuinely tried to do the right thing at the start (ie - protect the players), but somewhere along the line it became about him, and he confused his reputation with the reputation of the competition and its clubs.

It will not be easy explaining why there were multiple OHS (safe work environment) breaches at a club under his watch.

Andrew, why weren't there specific guidelines for supplement use in the AFL?

Andrew, why wasn't there follow up on Essendon once you became aware they were pursuing a supplement program?

Andrew, are you aware that it is 2014, and supplement programs are in use in virtually every high-profile sport in the world?

Andrew, have you heard of sports science?

Andrew, why do you think Tennis Australia should hire you?

I don't want any of them to quit.

I want them to be removed after crisis talks leaving the league in disarray, and then for them to go directly to 'assisting police with their enquiries' in a small concrete room somewhere, only to emerge in the 2020s some time after a few years spent making licence plates.

Resignation on their own terms, and the enormous golden handshake that'll undoubtedly happen on the way out, is far too good for him, Clothier, McLachlan, and the rest of that pit of worms.

This is justice.

Yeah - good point.

I think he genuinely tried to do the right thing at the start (ie - protect the players), but somewhere along the line it became about him, and he confused his reputation with the reputation of the competition and its clubs.

It will not be easy explaining why there were multiple OHS (safe work environment) breaches at a club under his watch.

Andrew, why wasn't there follow up on Essendon once you became aware they were pursuing a supplement program?

Andrew, are you aware that it is 2014, and supplement programs are in use in virtually every high-profile sport in the world?

That was the day James Hird told ASADA "Andrew called David while we were at his place and said the feces is about to hit the fan"

From that moment it became about making James Hird the scapegoat, irrespective of whether the club had done anything wrong or not. Because in making that call, Demetriou broke the law, where as the footballers were potentially, maybe, possibly breaking the rules of a sport.

While I am very happy that he is gone, I am even more fearful of what will takeover. If it is Giligan, then we are just as farked if not worse than if AD stayed on.

Giligan was the first guy talking to the media about the bad stuff he was hearing about Essendon. He is just as likely to be the source of the leaked information.

There are no real good days for us anymore.

Gillon Mclachlan would be worse than Demetriou.

He has proven himself to be out of his depth in the role.

Gillon Mclachlan would be worse than Demetriou.

He has proven himself to be out of his depth in the role.

Yep. No Gilligan please.

This is justice.

Yeah - good point.

That was the day James Hird told ASADA "Andrew called David while we were at his place and said the feces is about to hit the fan"

From that moment it became about making James Hird the scapegoat, irrespective of whether the club had done anything wrong or not. Because in making that call, Demetriou broke the law, where as the footballers were potentially, maybe, possibly breaking the rules of a sport.

Yeah, I reckon you're probably right. 

Once his name became involved, it seems he became indignant - probably because he believed he had tried to do the right thing by EFC (by allegedly alerting Evans) and suddenly the EFC (when they realised they were about to be penetrated sans lube) dropped his name as part of our defence.

Indignation (if unaddressed) almost always leads to hatred.

It would be hard to argue that Demetriou acted objectively once he became implicated.

Believe from reports it is all about a " succession plan" for the AFL management.

This is justice.

Yeah - good point.

Once his name became involved, it seems he became indignant - probably because he believed he had tried to do the right thing by EFC (by allegedly alerting Evans) and suddenly the EFC (when they realised they were about to be penetrated sans lube) dropped his name as part of our defence.

It would be hard to argue that Demetriou acted objectively once he became implicated.

No, I think he didn't want to go to jail.

So he constructed a media campaign where James Hird was the bad guy, and the AFL was "doing everything to protect the integrity of the game", which, for all intents and purposes, had the opposite effect to the purported agenda.

If true that he is announcing his resignation from the end of this year (Whately 774), good. He can be totally torn apart throughout the season and his reputation will be such that he’ll be unemployable. To protect the game (code for ‘himself’) he has tried to destroy the character of others and his inflated ego deserves a reality check. Let’s see how he rides it out, how his family handles the accusations and how his media cronies stay loyal or take advantage of the newsworthiness of the situation and maul the juicy carcass. Revenge is a a long enjoyed feeling and may even rival that glow you get when you remember premierships at random moments.

Live on Channel 7.

Brem06. No to be fair, it wasn't EFC who dropped his name. It was Hird.

I don't think AD had Hird done and dusted from the get go. I think he formed that opinion after a month or two and had seen a list some of the substances administered. I think he decided legal or not. This is a PR nightmare.

The problem with that is that it doesn't take into consideration legal but other ugly sounding programs run at other clubs and its a selective scapegoat media management approach.

GONE.

After the end of the year

Should go now!

This is justice.

Yeah - good point.

No, I think he didn't want to go to jail.

So he constructed a media campaign where James Hird was the bad guy, and the AFL was "doing everything to protect the integrity of the game", which, for all intents and purposes, had the opposite effect to the purported agenda.

That's my take.  The 4 were bound by privacy during the investigation then the whole campaign of hate was to get them to agree to sanctions that included non-disparagement and non-disclosure clauses.  Demetriou found out he broke the law and turned on us very quickly.

Look at his tone when discussing us early on and then after.  He was covering his ■■■■.

A golden handshake is not the way this prick should go. As already mentioned he needs to go under s cloud of suspicion, with his name and reputation sullied in the worst possible way. He needs to have the frenzied, blood sucking press camped outside his house bombarding him every time he enters and leaves.

His history of lies and backroom deals exposed for everyone to read and see. His legacy should be that he was one of those responsible for the blackest day in Australian sport and singlehandedly the architect of the persecution of one of the greats of the game.

I don't have much time for politicians but for once can this Abbot appointed judge expose the farce that was the AFL/ASADA investigation and the role played by Vlad. Somehow I don't hold out much hope that this will happen.

VLAD, ■■■■ OFF AND DON"T COME BACK.

Live on Channel 7.

in standard definition

Fitzpatrick talking absolute fecal matter!