AFL Feedback Thread

Another idiot idea from idiot pushers of stupidity:

THE Prime Minister’s indigenous adviser wants AFL teams to perform a traditional Aboriginal war dance before matches, much like the Maori Haka.

Warren Mundine says the idea is aimed at sharing indigenous culture and would not be divisive if all players got involved.

“One thing about the Haka is it’s performed by non-Maori New Zealanders as well as Maori-New Zealanders and they come together and share this cultural experience,” Mundine told ABC Radio.

It comes after Mundine stung the AFL over its “weak” stance against the racial abuse directed at Sydney Swans star Adam Goodes.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-afl-has-been-told-to-show-respect-to-indigenous-war-dances/story-fndv7pj3-1227470721421

I don’t think it’s exactly on the money, but I do think any move towards inclusiveness and education has to be better than the torrent of segregation and name-calling that we’ve currently had over the Goodes thing.

THE Prime Minister’s indigenous adviser wants AFL teams to perform a traditional Aboriginal war dance before matches, much like the Maori Haka.

Warren Mundine says the idea is aimed at sharing indigenous culture and would not be divisive if all players got involved.

“One thing about the Haka is it’s performed by non-Maori New Zealanders as well as Maori-New Zealanders and they come together and share this cultural experience,” Mundine told ABC Radio.

It comes after Mundine stung the AFL over its “weak” stance against the racial abuse directed at Sydney Swans star Adam Goodes.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/the-afl-has-been-told-to-show-respect-to-indigenous-war-dances/story-fndv7pj3-1227470721421

I don’t think it’s exactly on the money, but I do think any move towards inclusiveness and education has to be better than the torrent of segregation and name-calling that we’ve currently had over the Goodes thing.<

/blockquote>This could be a Good thing. Every week another other tribal dance. The Irish can do a little jig at the coin toss. The Scots playing bagpipes but no kicking up of the kilts though. Pacific Islanders can do a bit of hula, hula, Greeks can do a bit a Zorba, The Germans can do some polka. Mike and Gillon looking on so proudly, at the diversity of the AFL they are truly a multi cultural footy family. I wonder what the Australians will do???

I don’t think it’s exactly on the money, but I do think any move towards inclusiveness and education has to be better than the torrent of segregation and name-calling that we’ve currently had over the Goodes thing.

This could be a Good thing. Every week another other tribal dance. The Irish can do a little jig at the coin toss. The Scots playing bagpipes but no kicking up of the kilts though. Pacific Islanders can do a bit of hula, hula, Greeks can do a bit a Zorba, The Germans can do some polka. Mike and Gillon looking on so proudly, at the diversity of the AFL they are truly a multi cultural footy family. I wonder what the Australians will do???

Engage in some casual racism?

I don’t think it’s exactly on the money, but I do think any move towards inclusiveness and education has to be better than the torrent of segregation and name-calling that we’ve currently had over the Goodes thing.<

/blockquote>This could be a Good thing. Every week another other tribal dance. The Irish can do a little jig at the coin toss. The Scots playing bagpipes but no kicking up of the kilts though. Pacific Islanders can do a bit of hula, hula, Greeks can do a bit a Zorba, The Germans can do some polka. Mike and Gillon looking on so proudly, at the diversity of the AFL they are truly a multi cultural footy family. I wonder what the Australians will do???

As long as they start doing every alternative to the Lord’s Prayer at the start of every day of Parliament, too.

FWIW I recently saw posters advertising the upcommning collingfilth and fark carlton match in Essendon. First time in my life I’ve ever seen posters advertising a football match. Surely this indicates they have at least some concern about crowd levels? Those are two well supported teams…

Could you take someone to a game of footy who had never seen the game and explain the rules clearly?
I couldn’t.
Thats the game in a nutshell. No one knows wtf is happening and it the same at commission level. No idea what to do next. Just make it as they go and hope it works.
Joke of a game now!

The AFL is going to play 4 field umps in Queensland this week and given no real team will be playing hope no one notices they don’t even pretend to obey the laws of the game. It’s knee-jerk rubbish like this that make you look like you really don’t have a plan for the development/image of the game.

Is there any other sport around that will change rules during the season, have umpires focus on different things each week and use the season to test out new things? What a joke.

So a couple of weeks ago according to the AFL, 3 umpires in all games paid too many free kicks, what are 4 umpires supposed to do?

More umpires same free kicks will give a lower figures of umpires per free kicks…you know everybody loves a pie chart.

2 games 6 umpires 96 free kicks equals 16 per umpire 8 umpires same games same free kicks 12 per umpire now they’ll show these figures and then push them to say look free kicks have come down sound familiar!

AFL Sucks,

We need more rules.

It’s probably time for Hirdy to ask Fitzpatrick why he hasn’t stood down.

Karma is a female dog.

So Fitzpatrick has his hands all over different stadiums through his board work. Of course he recuses himself from all dealings and that the other board members wouldn’t then give it to his company and mate. No it is all above board. As above board as the politicians getting former politicians to say whether their entitlements should continue and that it is all “legally” fine to continue to burn a hole through tax-payers money at will.

The question that must be asked if he keeps “recusing” himself from enough decisions , why have him on the commission at all . Surely someone who can contribute all the time is a far better bet.

FWIW I recently saw posters advertising the upcommning collingfilth and fark carlton match in Essendon. First time in my life I've ever seen posters advertising a football match. Surely this indicates they have at least some concern about crowd levels? Those are two well supported teams...

Collingwood have been doing it all year for there home games, dont think it works when the bandwagoners jump off after a loss.

The question that must be asked if he keeps "recusing" himself from enough decisions , why have him on the commission at all . Surely someone who can contribute all the time is a far better bet.

The other thing is, you will never hear the word ‘recusing’ ever.

The question that must be asked if he keeps "recusing" himself from enough decisions , why have him on the commission at all . Surely someone who can contribute all the time is a far better bet.

The other thing is, you will never hear the word ‘recusing’ ever.

Why?
So Fitzpatrick has his hands all over different stadiums through his board work. Of course he recuses himself from all dealings and that the other board members wouldn't then give it to his company and mate. No it is all above board. As above board as the politicians getting former politicians to say whether their entitlements should continue and that it is all "legally" fine to continue to burn a hole through tax-payers money at will.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/mike-fitzpatrick-could-have-second-conflict-to-manage-at-major-afl-stadium-in-perth/story-fnelctok-1227473229268

Isn’t that some sort of corporate fraud/insider trading? What bullshit.

Welcome to the real world, b_g.

Just noticed how they are showing the ladder vis a vis Geelong & Crows points shared non meeting. Leaving them on 17 for games played & no draw showing in that column is ridiculously confusing. Why not have them on 18 played’s after 18 rds & just show a freaking draw ffs??

Not sure how others think on it, but to me, it’s just another example of the stupidity that now permeates the upper reaches of AFL house.

Just noticed how they are showing the ladder vis a vis Geelong & Crows points shared non meeting. Leaving them on 17 for games played & no draw showing in that column is ridiculously confusing. Why not have them on 18 played's after 18 rds & just show a freaking draw ffs??

Not sure how others think on it, but to me, it’s just another example of the stupidity that now permeates the upper reaches of AFL house.

Telstra have probably told them that’s outside their maintenance contract and they’ll have to pay extra to fix the software.

(Seriously, if they entered it as a nil-all draw, I bet all the related stats - average X per game - would break.)