AFL is considering 16 an side

What about the zany concept AFL-X, that can be played on a soccer field ?

Lets see if we can get all of Australia to play the game before we try to conquer Europe and South America.

Another drug scandal.

Self-imposed bye week without football.

One of the big clubs imploding, again.

“What do you think about 16 a side?”

Oh look another flying pig:

Lets see if we can get all of Australia to play the game before we try to conquer Europe and South America.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-secretly-trials-new-version-of-football-20160907-gral7s.html

Hopefully the resumption of football, may distract us from all these distractions.

But I’ll settle for the VFL finals, the Jobe announcement and the Swiss appeal to keep my attention.

To resolve the issue of congestion all the AFL need to do is go back in time to the 1850’s to the very first match ever played at Yarra Park and spread the goals a mile apart.

Sure! Scoring may drop and it may take two weeks to finally get a result but just imagine all that open space for the players to frollick around in.

Sure beats the 'G’s famous wide wings.

I just want the goal reviews to be completely abolished. The goal umpires have eyes, they should make the call. If you get farked over by a decision, bad luck.

First to 100 wins?

Can’t watch footy any more without the Bombers on the field, except for the women recently, literally rather watch the grass grow.
Did I read somewhere that zoning exists at a junior level? If that’s true does anyone know how they police it? Can’t see a problem trialing rules that might undo the harm inflicted on the game by Roos and Lyon and Co. I mean we thought it was Nirvana this year to reach 100 points ONCE.
Would be great to see the return of the fat full forward. ■■■■ this have to be an endurance runner to play footy crap.

Can't watch footy any more without the Bombers on the field, except for the women recently, literally rather watch the grass grow. Did I read somewhere that zoning exists at a junior level? If that's true does anyone know how they police it? Can't see a problem trialing rules that might undo the harm inflicted on the game by Roos and Lyon and Co. I mean we thought it was Nirvana this year to reach 100 points ONCE. Would be great to see the return of the fat full forward. ■■■■ this have to be an endurance runner to play footy crap.

Agree 100% with your sentiments. And it saddens me to confirm they do teach kids zoning nowadays.

I don’t care how it is achieved, I just want an end to every player around the ball within a 50m radius.

Can't watch footy any more without the Bombers on the field, except for the women recently, literally rather watch the grass grow. Did I read somewhere that zoning exists at a junior level? If that's true does anyone know how they police it? Can't see a problem trialing rules that might undo the harm inflicted on the game by Roos and Lyon and Co. I mean we thought it was Nirvana this year to reach 100 points ONCE. Would be great to see the return of the fat full forward. ■■■■ this have to be an endurance runner to play footy crap.

As an expert in zones umpired it for two years

Rules are mids can go everywhere but can’t score goals

Defenders can’t leave fifty and forwards the same

They loosened the rules to make it to forward are only allowed in their half defenders in there

Way too hard to police everytime there is a goal kicked you have to check who scored the goal was he a forward mid or def

People could wander and do you pay the free kick and the game could become stagnet

As an expert in zones umpired it for two years

Rules are mids can go everywhere but can’t score goals

Defenders can’t leave fifty and forwards the same

They loosened the rules to make it to forward are only allowed in their half defenders in there

Way too hard to police everytime there is a goal kicked you have to check who scored the goal was he a forward mid or def

People could wander and do you pay the free kick and the game could become stagnet

And every player in the comp earns a Brownlow Medal just for participating.

How about, at random times in the match, minimum of 12 times, three per quarter, a siren goes off and you have to swap jerseys with the player closest to you . If it’s someone from your team, then you stay in the same team.

BUT, if it’s an opposition player then you’re now playing for the other team, and so is he.

1 Like
Tie 50m of string to the goal post, the other end to vests each forward must wear. Simples.

I reckon a bungy cord would have better comedic potential…

Watching games on Fox from the early/mid 90’s - it’s staggering how quickly the umpires move in to call ball up.

Almost seems the minute the ball has stopped any motion, the umpire would call ball up.

These days it seems as if the ball can be stopped for 5-10 seconds before umpires will ball it up.

I don’t know why you wouldn’t teach kids zoning - juniors (in all sports) should be about developing the necessary skills should they be good enough/choose to pursue the sport at a professional level
While zoning exists in the AFL you should be seeing it in juniors (once they’ve moved past a fundamental skill stage)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-secretly-trials-new-version-of-football-20160907-gral7s.html

It’s worth a look and it might just work overseas, given the prevalence of rectangular sporting fields as opposed to ovals overseas. T20 Footy!!!

It’s worth a look and it might just work overseas, given the prevalence of rectangular sporting fields as opposed to ovals overseas. T20 Footy!!!

It will become a hyrbid of gaelic/afl/soccer. They already bastardized cricket, need to lay of afl.

He actually said 16 or 15…

16 a side? What’s next, the dandy dollar dash?

Big clubs should consider forming their own league

For one, they can’t.

Big clubs should consider forming their own league

For one, they can’t.

Was mostly joking

Rule change should be to get rid of that arsehat Gil and that ■■■■ Fitzpatrick.