AFL Live Pass Usage

Its a way to get us all on Kayo. Telstra offering $5/mnth Kayo for all Telstra customers

$5 plan even works on Boost Mobile (= Telstra subsiduary)

2 Likes

In 2021, I had options of Kayo, Ch7 or Live Pass and used them in that order of preference.
Watching on a big screen in the Man Cave is always preferable to watching on a mobile phone.

Lie back, feet up, volume up to a level that gives some atmosphere, Grog to suit the state of the game.
No risk of getting COVID at the ground or more likely in a packed train at the end of the game . Suits me thanks.

I actually thought the $5 per month offer for Kayo is pretty good.

Would be if it was ongoing. Would be excellent value.

No one does discount in perpetuity. How ancient do be have to be for this to be a thing?

I was actually about to sign up with them for this service. I’m with optus and the coverage of the network is a ■■■■■■■ joke.

This means my Telstra bill will be reduced accordingly, right?

I mean, they couldn’t just take away a feature and not compensate me… right??

1 Like

Yep, it should.

I just heard Hell is freezing over too.

Keep us updated …

1 Like

Just managed to get my Telstra bill reduced by $10 per month and now get unlimited internet.
With that extra $10pm I used $5pm for the 12 month KAYO deal.
So basically I now pay slightly less, get unlimited internet and KAYO.
Only for 12 months though.

All i did was tell them i was moving to Optus where i would save about $15 per month and get their sports package for free.

5 Likes

I might just give this a crack as we’re about to move houses.

Good. Stay the course though.

It did take me about 3 days via their online chat and they did try 2 other offers first. Each of them were still more than the Optus deal I had lined up.

Its was only at the final ‘thanks for trying but it makes no sense to stay’ stage that they come back with the offer I finally accepted.

1 Like

Did you talk to billing?
(Who did you ask for when you called?)

Telstra being Telstra I couldn’t get onto a person.
The whole conversation took place via their online chat.

My opening spiel was along the lines of:
Now that Telstra have removed AFL Live pass I’m looking to move to another provider.
Will my bill be reduced?

They then told me about the great Kayo $5 pm deal I could get.

I countered with:

2 Likes

This went on for a couple of days.
I just stuck with the Optus plan was better financially than what they were offering argument. Eventually they offered me what i ended up with.
The service i was offered is normally worth $145 pm.
They gave me a $10 discount off internet plan and my mobile plan. I was paying $135pm.
I saved $10pm but more importantly recieved unlimited internet and used $5pm on kayo.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I have had quite a few dealings with Telstra so I understand the challenges, but good on you for persevering. I’ll give it a go myself - nothing to lose!

1 Like

So, after the 12 months of paying $5 pm for Kayo, you get billed for whatever the rate will be per month after that. Approx $25 pm. Can you opt out when the $5 pm deal finishes ?

Are you signing up for only 12 months initially or is it a 24 month deal ?

Im signing up for 12 months initially with Kayo.
I did that as a seperate activity (Telstra customers who lose AFL Live pass promotion)

The Telstra deal is for 12 months and then reverts to the higher price but I can change that whenever.

In 12 months time I’ll check out again what deals are available.

My next step is to contact Foxtel and tell them I’m cancelling (basic package) see what deal they propose. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thing is Im happy to cancel as i rarely watch it.

Thanks Bomber Madness. I was hoping it was a 12 month contract. Worth getting KAYO for $5 PM for the 2021 footy season and see what happens next year. I can`t afford the $25 PM as an ongoing thing.

1 Like