AFL Members w/ Essendon Club Support screwed over

Yes there is. Through club membership you can either purchase a silver or high mark membership which includes the guaranteed opportunity to purchase a GF ticket if Essendon competes. Any of the other memberships carry a priority 3 access which is a ballot (or raffle if you will) of the remainder of the clubs allotment after high mark & silver members have purchased. In recent seasons the club has introduced the GF guarantee as an add on to any (?) club membership for an additional $55 which also gives a guaranteed opportunity.

To be clear, the point of contention in here is that $55 add on which in previous years the club has allowed the AFL EFC Silver club support members to purchase. Some in here such as Bullwinkleā€™s family have had that add on refunded by the club as they are now not offering that add on to those members without purchasing a club membership on top of their AFL Membership.

I can totally understand your point of view re the AFL Membership. I was in a similar boat a few years ago, spending in excess of $1,000 on footy including high mark 11, plus extra for away games and matches I attended with my now wife & best mate. AFL Membership was more cost effective for me & I donā€™t doubt thereā€™s many others in that situation today. I think itā€™s a compelling package, especially if youā€™re close to getting full membership. Iā€™ll never tell anyone what they should do but I think itā€™s unfair that some on this forum question an AFL members commitment to the club based on them buying an AFL membership as opposed to a club membership.

Weā€™re all passionate about the bombers but we also must look after our families and finances as well and I think some need to be reminded of that fact.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got AFL Membership + EFC Silver Etihad home game reserved seat, which includes the guarantee.

1 Like

If you don;t mind me asking guys, what does that cost per season? Back when I was a Full AFL Member I purchased an Etihad only High Mark membership on top which I think was around $850 all up.

AFL Full member $610 and EFC bronze $130.

with sponsorship, what does the player get out of it and what do you get as a sponsor?

Cheers mate. So its around $850 for one adult to have full AFL and a silver EFC membership. Thatā€™s still pretty good value IMO.

2 Likes

Huh? Whatā€™s this?

Is this for 7 games only? Canā€™t find this advertised , just Silver 11 for $630 (minus AFL member price)

Might have to get in touch with EFC membership. I know they used to advertise it, not sure what the case is now.

Yeah something like that, see Fogā€™s post above. When I was an AFL Member, I bought a high mark 7 game membership to cover off Etihad matches. It used to be about $300 off the price of the 11 game version, so around $400

Nothing to contribute other than ā€¦

How freaking great is it that people are talking about GF tickets!

1 Like

I pay a little bit less since Iā€™m not full AFL member, but the value is amazing since I attend more than just Essendon games and also get the ability to purchase guest passes for mates etc. They also have a refer a friend program, where you can get $50 off your membership for the following season if your friend signs up.

So is this available on the website because I couldnā€™t find it anywhere

Just had a look and couldnā€™t find it (?). Iā€™ve already paid for this membership for 2018 and have received my EFC membership package.

Iā€™ve actually never heard of this membership. Wonder why the club doesnā€™t promote it

Very interesting ā€¦ Iā€™ll be on the phone this morning as this is something weā€™d be more than happy to purchase and wouldā€™ve before if we even knew it existed :confused:

1 Like

Itā€™s been around for a while because I used to do it when an AFL member. One of the people who sit near me in high mark seating also does it and was on that deal in 2017. Definitely ask the question guys, even if itā€™s not advertised doesnā€™t mean it doesnā€™t exist. It used to be called AFL/MCC 7 Silver/High Mark.

Iā€™m a full AFL member and have a 7 game reserved seat membership for the Etihad games. Had it for about 5 years now.

Well all good here ā€¦

Got 3x silver reserved Level 1 for Etihad home games only (+ all Silver level benefits)

Been looking at reserved seats for a few years but couldnā€™t justify the cost of why we needed a reserved seat at the MCG

Thanks for the sneaky tip guys :wink:

Club still should change their policy for AFL Silver Members though and let them back into the Priority 3 GF Ballot, heaven forbid the shitstorm if Essendon make the Grand Final and 1000ā€™s of AFL Silver Club Support Essendon members are screwed without the opportunity to even participate in a Ballot and donā€™t even know so

AFL Membership auto renew is sometime this week so those with the EFC GTG add-on will be getting rejection e-mails in the next week ā€¦ we paid early in full so got rejected early

1 Like

Interesting that when I voted for the new Board Members today, I had to use my AFL Membership number and not my EFC membership number to vote.

1 Like

Is that through the club or afl?