AFL - Terrible Ideas, Too Many Ideas, No Idea…

Isn’t KISS down here touring, that’s why we could get them?

The 6/6/6 ladder split was discussed recently and was rejected because the AFL wants to have double up blockbuster games - Coll/Carl,Coll/Ess,WCE/Freo,Ade/Port etc to make more $$$$$$

2 Likes

Kate Miller-Heidke is part of the Grand Final entertainment. Hopefully she smashes out The Last Day On Earth. That was a banger and should get the crowd up and about.

KISS and Kate Miller-Heidke is an, uhh, odd pairing I must say.

2 Likes

Im also not a fan because it probably would have meant that Swan were cut off from finals this year at round 17. They came from a long way back and still made it.

It’s inevitable once the league gets to 20 teams, the comp will split into 2 conference and then into divisions

Example -

Conference 1

Division West
WCE
Freo
3rd WA Team
Crows
Port
Division East
Bris
GC
Syd
GWS
Tas

Conference 2

Division
Carl
Coll
Ess
Rich
Haw
Division
Gee
Melb
Nth
StK
WB

Teams in a division play each other twice (blockbuster double up money), and then play another game against the teams in their other conference division - total 8 + 5 (13). Then one game against the 10 other conference teams (10) - Total 23 game season. 11 home/11 away + the ■■■■■ Gather Round

Simples

Multiple options after that to produce 8/10/12 team finals/wildcard/playoffs scenarios etc

I’m going to see a Greek singer on GF night. They should have got him to do the entertainment. Would have been much better than KISS. Even if people couldn’t understand what he’s singing.

Weird - I reckon even Kylie would have been better!!

You missed the saracastica font…

1 Like

Top 2 in each div make finals with 3rd place teams playing each other for the last 2 spots?

That would be fitting if it was a Collingwood v Fark Carlton grand final

4 Likes

Half time is when you sort out the second half eats.

Top 3 teams from each conference make finals (6) and gets week break
Conference Teams 4 & 5 play each other in WILDCARD game producing Final 8

or you could go with

Top 3 teams from each conference make finals (6) and gets week break
Next best 4 teams with best records irrespective of conference standing makes the WILDCARD round

1 Like

And whip out for a Zorba the Greek…or, at our age, 2 Zorbas.

how dare you

2 Likes

Better doing any episode of The Voice at half time than wheel out Kiss in their chairs and walkers.

I feel the same about Hunters & Collectors - this is when you need The Living End.

2 Likes

One good idea I’d like the AFL to have is not to worry about touched balls unless they change the trajectory.

Alternatively, the option is NOT TOUCHED on every occasion, and there has to be conclusive proof that it was touched.

I’m sick of someone getting (or not getting) a fingernail on the ball and it changing the result. Accordingly, that’s 3 more losses for fark Carlton in the last 5 or 6 weeks.

2 Likes

A lot of ex players seeing the dollar signs since this concussion class action. It’s very much trying to apply today’s standards to things not known at the time.