AFL Trade Radio

24 goals from 16 games in the Vfl for Black this year. It's not exactly demanding to be a key forward at Afl level, even acknowledging that Vfl gamestyle is different.
You’d think that would be true, with less game-sapping negativity than in the AFL. But somehow the top ten goal-kickers averaged just the below number of goals (all played at least 16 games):

2.6 — Liam McBean
2.0 — HARDINGHAM!
2.0 — Dunnell
1.8 — Daw

(FatArse also averaged 2.0, but only played eight games.)

For comparison, the AFL was:

Thought we could keep all trade radio stuff here.

Good Idea.

Wouldn’t mind getting Black. Think he could offer a lot more than Dawes. Would be good depth.

Is Habib on the radio? Only listening if he’s talking

These guys are radio list managers because they aren't actual list managers.

Thankyou. Very much. Sometimes it takes someone to just state the obvious.

Worsfold confirmed interest in harley bennell
Need to research his commitment to our standards and where his mind is at.

Tuesday’s with Terry

West coast not interested in bennell after lewis jetta and redden

Talking to Dees about Melksham - Goodwin & McCartney Both Dees coaches ratesMelksham - they want to bring in more competitors wouldn't say what hes worth but said that Todd Viney & Adrian Dodoro have spoken about value and are at similar places
AD: "You're going to try and screw us aren't you?" TV: "That's the plan." Similar places.

In lieu of like, … lol.

Spencer White

Pick him up just to push Benfti over the edge.

lol.

Spencer White

Pick him up just to push Benfti over the edge.

In: Brendan Whitecross, Mitch White, Matthew White, Simon White, Jesse White.

Wouldn't mind getting Black. Think he could offer a lot more than Dawes. Would be good depth.
Considering we only have one key forward I don't think we are in a position to be chasing depth, we actually need someone who is good enough to play 2nd forward consistently.
How someone who was in charge of the most outrageously bad list management decisions has managed to repackage himself as "The List Manager" is one of the most baffling ruses of modern times. Even more bemusing is that anyone would give even the slightest of sh1ts about what he dribbles.

He is a snake-oil salesman of the highest order, and patently unqualified to be making any judgement whatsoever on recruiting.

The absolute embodiment of how much of an old boys’ network AFL commentary is these days. Any old ligger, hanger-on and parasite gets a gig.

All true. But then again our list management hasnt exactly covered itself in glory either

if you doubt this for a moment name 1 gun player we have traded for the last 15 years that has actually wanted to come to our club
or where we have actively traded for ( excluding FA) to fill a gap on our list eg dawks trading for burgoyne, gunston, lake, frawley, gibson,
our recruiting and trading record IS appalling and thats well before ASADA, WADA saga etc. we have trouble doing any decent deals at all , we couldnt trade our way out of a paper bag.

On the other hand we have had several quality players leave essendon caracella, blumfield, hardwick, crameri, ryder, monfries, carlol

Yep, no doubt we have not been good traders… at all! But being called out by Wallace of all people…that I will not cop!

Scott Lucas is the manager of Spencer White, he said that he is hoping that a club will give White an opportunity on a rookie list.

I haven’t seen him play at all, I know he had massive wraps with his physical attributes. I wonder if Neeld could turn him into an AFL footballer.

Scott Lucas is the manager of Spencer White, he said that he is hoping that a club will give White an opportunity on a rookie list.

I haven’t seen him play at all, I know he had massive wraps with his physical attributes. I wonder if Neeld could turn him into an AFL footballer.

Worth looking at as a delisted FA.

Just about the worst suggestion I’ve read so far.

I haven’t even heard of him.

Aaron Black is an interesting prospect. Only 24 and hungry to play senior role. Always thought he had something
Don't mind him (if cheap), he's no superstar, but he seems to work pretty hard and can be decent.

I’d be looking to play Joe/Hooks/Langford forward next year, but knowing Worsfold, he generally leans towards 2 rucks (ie Joe/TBell/Langford or Joe/Smack/Langford with Hooker going back). Black would be competing more with Langford than anyone in terms of player type, still, he’s decently young & we’ve got almost no depth of talls or tallish types.

Aaron Black is an interesting prospect. Only 24 and hungry to play senior role. Always thought he had something
Don't mind him (if cheap), he's no superstar, but he seems to work pretty hard and can be decent.

That’s the sticking point. His manager said yesterday he still has a year to run on his contract on decent coin. He implied it would be a cause of concern to a new club to take on that contract. Must be back-ended to the hilt. Worth taking on?, not for mine.

I haven’t even heard of him.

He had 8 touches in a VFL game once! He’s played more VFL “development league” than VFL seniors.