AFL Trade Radio

Leave Benfti alone now, clearly feeling blue.
he's alright, just suffering from a bit of white line fever
Maybe the club should get me to talk to Bennell?
is it too late given he wants to go to Fremantle?

If bennell ends up coming to EFC you would be a cult hero…on Bomberblitz

I think we should have a Big Footy thread too.

These people are so sad that when someone rings up or texts that player X is meeting with coach Y they broadcast it and think it is true.

I know this because I once SMS’d that O’hopeless was meeting Hirdy and they ran with it and even put it on facebook.

I just heard that whoosha is sitting next to danger on the flight over

It was my alter ego that said it but I am running with it

Thought we could keep all trade radio stuff here.

Blues want first rd picks for Henderson & Yarran
Yarran wants to be traded to Richmond - will be done late Yarran overseas at present) Tigers want to trade for 2nd round pick

Harley Bennell - right mix for the Dockers.

Mini Revue Essendon - by T Wallis (List Manager)
Lacking - Ruck & Run
spine not so bad
lost a few big bodied players this year - Myers, Hocking, Watson
Lack run and carry around footy.
Fresh start new coach
Fresh Clean Air
need to get blokes in right age bracket. - post giles/cooney/mckernan/gwilt last year trades
Luenberger in running. Essendon in the lead, need worslfold meeting ASAP.

Notoriously difficult to deal with - Purple warrior.

• Sheedy overrated essendon players
  • last 2-3 years no one wanted to go there.
  • John Worsfold - fresh start at trade table, might get some deals done.
Fixed

These guys are radio list managers because they aren’t actual list managers.

Thought we could keep all trade radio stuff here.

Blues want first rd picks for Henderson & Yarran
Yarran wants to be traded to Richmond - will be done late Yarran overseas at present) Tigers want to trade for 2nd round pick

Harley Bennell - right mix for the Dockers.

Mini Revue Essendon - by T Wallis (List Manager)
Lacking - Ruck & Run
spine not so bad
lost a few big bodied players this year - Myers, Hocking, Watson
Lack run and carry around footy.
Fresh start new coach
Fresh Clean Air
need to get blokes in right age bracket. - post giles/cooney/mckernan/gwilt last year trades
Luenberger in running. Essendon in the lead, need worslfold meeting ASAP.

Notoriously difficult to deal with - Purple warrior.

• Sheedy overrated essendon players
  • last 2-3 years no one wanted to go there.
  • John Worsfold - fresh start at trade table, might get some deals done.
Fixed

FFS … The expression is CLEAR Air … not clean. It relates to a lack of turbulence, not air thats been dust filtered… Glad to get that off my chest.

I mean if you’re going to TM something, it may as well be the right thing…eh?

Most of it is HOT air

our 'notoriously difficult to deal with' trademark came about not as a result of us over valuing players but because sheedy gamed the system very successfully in the 90s and teams started offering unders as a consequence - they didn't want sheeds to get the better end of the deal. IMO anyway. I wonder if hawthorn is about to run into that same phenomenon having successfully screwed several clubs at the trade table for great success over the last decade or so.

anyone you are prepared to pay $700k plus to is worth an early to medium first round pick end of story.

How can a club do anything about it though?
Their players go to their exit interviews and say “I want to go to Hawthorn, trade me there or I’ll walk there myself”. See Burgoyne, Gunston, Lake, Gibson.
The F/A system (and keeping in the PSD) has made it incredibly easy for a club up the top to add good players every year, no matter what their trade bargaining position, if you can convince the goods for sale they need to go to you, supply & demand goes out the window.

Hamish Hartlett 6 year deal at Port

Does 6 years seem strange?
Not that it really matters these days. If the club want to trade him in 3 years time or he wants to leave it will happen.

my guess is that they back ended the deal to get it over the line hence the extra length. They have made some interesting list decisions of late Port, this could another potential disaster. I’d love us to to take lobbe off their hands for what we were paying ryder originally.

They’ve got a bit of an air of Freo when Harvey was there, drafted some good kids but you really question how much of that was because of, rather than in spite of, their planning & leadership.
our 'notoriously difficult to deal with' trademark came about not as a result of us over valuing players but because sheedy gamed the system very successfully in the 90s and teams started offering unders as a consequence - they didn't want sheeds to get the better end of the deal. IMO anyway. I wonder if hawthorn is about to run into that same phenomenon having successfully screwed several clubs at the trade table for great success over the last decade or so.

anyone you are prepared to pay $700k plus to is worth an early to medium first round pick end of story.

How can a club do anything about it though?
Their players go to their exit interviews and say “I want to go to Hawthorn, trade me there or I’ll walk there myself”. See Burgoyne, Gunston, Lake, Gibson.
The F/A system (and keeping in the PSD) has made it incredibly easy for a club up the top to add good players every year, no matter what their trade bargaining position, if you can convince the goods for sale they need to go to you, supply & demand goes out the window.

and hale and mcevoy. Hell, they have used their first round pick on draft day twice since they won in 08 (shoenmakers and smith btw)

i don’t disagree with you. I was just highlighting what i think he is worth in a trade relative to how much cap space they think he is worth. It is just nonsense to suggest a guy you are bringing in to be one of you highest paid players is worth a 2nd rounder and steak knives.

the flip side of this is of course that the saints will not get him in the PSD, if they want him they have to trade for him. Frankly i’d be prepared to call their bluff and let him go to carlton ofr nothing. carlton’s list will still be rubbish, they need a lot more than just carlisle too turn things around. On the flip side carlisle would make the saints list look very very healthy and he would almost complete the dogs list.

regardless i’m still far from convinced he isn’t planning on going to hawthorn or the dogs.

there is enough interest that i think will do all right.

i reckon at worst we end up with a late first round pick and someone with potential. At best we end up with pick 5. that is unless he picks carlton and they are ■■■■■■ about it (which they would be). but honestly why the hell would he want to go there. I can’t believe any footballer is purely driven by the $$, surely they want some prospect of success which i just don’t see with cartlon. Maybe they have the best salesman of all time working for them.

make it so

Terry 'The List Expert' Wallace has spent far too much time in the solarium, with the absolute drivel he talks. This couple of weeks responding to twitter questions and mindless talkback on 'radio' is just a way of him keeping out of his super for a little while longer.

He is this close to ending up looking like this bloke

How someone who was in charge of the most outrageously bad list management decisions has managed to repackage himself as "The List Manager" is one of the most baffling ruses of modern times. Even more bemusing is that anyone would give even the slightest of sh1ts about what he dribbles.

He is a snake-oil salesman of the highest order, and patently unqualified to be making any judgement whatsoever on recruiting.

The absolute embodiment of how much of an old boys’ network AFL commentary is these days. Any old ligger, hanger-on and parasite gets a gig.

All true. But then again our list management hasnt exactly covered itself in glory either

if you doubt this for a moment who is 1 gun player we have traded for the last 15 years that has actually wanted to come to our club
or where we have actively traded for ( excluding FA) to fill a gap on our list eg dawks trading for burgoyne, gunston, lake, frawley, gibson,
our recruiting and trading record IS appalling and thats well before ASADA, WADA saga etc. we have trouble doing any decent deals at all , we couldnt trade our way out of a paper bag.

On the other hand we have had several quality players leave essendon caracella, blumfield, hardwick, crameri, ryder, monfries, carlol

TBH you dont get gun players unless your a finals contender… Why would any ‘elite’ want to go to a bottom club or one on the decline

Aaron Black is an interesting prospect. Only 24 and hungry to play senior role. Always thought he had something

Aaron Black is an interesting prospect. Only 24 and hungry to play senior role. Always thought he had something

Would immediately become our #2 forward. That’s how ■■■■ we are. If we get Aaron Black and Harley Bennell then the parties at TVC will be EPIC

From what little I’ve seen of Black he looked more like a 3rd tall, I’m not sure he can truly play a KP role which is what we need if we are looking at a tall forward.

Do people who have seen more of him think he could play as a 2nd KPF?

How someone who was in charge of the most outrageously bad list management decisions has managed to repackage himself as "The List Manager" is one of the most baffling ruses of modern times. Even more bemusing is that anyone would give even the slightest of sh1ts about what he dribbles.

He is a snake-oil salesman of the highest order, and patently unqualified to be making any judgement whatsoever on recruiting.

The absolute embodiment of how much of an old boys’ network AFL commentary is these days. Any old ligger, hanger-on and parasite gets a gig.

All true. But then again our list management hasnt exactly covered itself in glory either

if you doubt this for a moment who is 1 gun player we have traded for the last 15 years that has actually wanted to come to our club
or where we have actively traded for ( excluding FA) to fill a gap on our list eg dawks trading for burgoyne, gunston, lake, frawley, gibson,
our recruiting and trading record IS appalling and thats well before ASADA, WADA saga etc. we have trouble doing any decent deals at all , we couldnt trade our way out of a paper bag.

On the other hand we have had several quality players leave essendon caracella, blumfield, hardwick, crameri, ryder, monfries, carlol

TBH you dont get gun players unless your a finals contender… Why would any ‘elite’ want to go to a bottom club or one on the decline

Judd? Ablett? Griffen? $$$$$$

24 goals from 16 games in the Vfl for Black this year. It’s not exactly demanding to be a key forward at Afl level, even acknowledging that Vfl gamestyle is different.

can we call him uncle blacky

Aaron Black? Would almost rather Dawes.