AFL Trade Radio

In other news, Demons willing to trade pick 2 for Shuey!? 

Brad Sewell apparently on the table. 

Any chance of us being interested in someone more than two years from retirement? I know we don't have a lot to trade with, but the idea of adding a few blokes who won't be on the list in two years feels like a waste of what little currency we do have.

I didn't say WSPHU. Just interesting news. 

(Also, 98% of BB want Chappy, who is cooked and older than Sewell.)

Chappy plays a completely different role. Sewell is a slow mid - pretty sure we have plenty of those. Chappy is a goal kicking flanker, pretty sure we have 1 of those who avgs about 10 games a year.

Any chance of us being interested in someone more than two years from retirement? I know we don't have a lot to trade with, but the idea of adding a few blokes who won't be on the list in two years feels like a waste of what little currency we do have.

Chappy plays a completely different role. Sewell is a slow mid - pretty sure we have plenty of those. Chappy is a goal kicking flanker, pretty sure we have 1 of those who avgs about 10 games a year.

Was responding to bolded part, which doesn't distinguish position or role, only age and potential time on list. FWIW, I think Chappy is worth the risk despite age. 

Oh yeah, wasn't aimed at you so much. It was more the potential addition of Sewell to the Chappy, Dal Santo, every-other-old-bloke-who-might-have-half-of-a-good-year-left-in-him list.

Edit: I know there are solid arguments for bringing some of these guys in, I just don't like the idea of adding someone to the list knowing it's so short term. I guess it depends on what you think our chances are at winning a flag in the next two years are, and whether those guys are the ones who will make the difference.

Fox footy analyst tweeted:

Since 2006 all clubs have made 9+ trades, except Essendon who have made 6. Same story every year, notoriously bad to deal with

Were are Essington!! :lol:

i put forward the Crameri and Gumby suggestion to trade radio. Browny likes it!

God trade week radio alk sh*t. They have been saying since 9 that Dan Richardson will be joining them and only just came on the air.

I’d love to do their job. Rabble about nonsence all day and get paid good coin.

One thing I did notice is someone on twitter suggested Crameri and Gumbleton for pick 4 (Bulldogs) and Nathan Brown said that as a Bulldogs man he didn’t mind it and would consider it from a Dogs point of view.

I must emphasize that NATHAN BROWN said this so it would most likely never happen as he does still believe that Hampson for pick 28 was a good deal for Richmond.

Just some food for thought.

i said it to gauge their reaction. i think its a bit unders although it has good potential.

i would think if we managed to pull that off, that we would trade pick 4 on for a mid, maybe adams?

Why have we got 2 trading threads? This is under the guise of Trade Radio. Can we merge the threads?

well its different because we comment on what is said on trade radio.

commentary.

I would be targeting James Aish through the draft before Adams.

I would on trade pick 4 to say Melbourne or St.Kilda with Pears or Gumbleton for pick 2 or 3 to grab him.

Will be a beast.

ahh ok, i dont know much about the draftees for this season and where the 'drop-offs' are in terms of ratings.

clearly there seems to be a fair drop after 1. where abouts are the other drop offs?

has someone done a rankings and potential list?

It drops off after about pick 19-21.

Aish is a Pendlebury type player. Will be one of the best mids in the comp in a few years time.

We should be chucking the kitchen sink to try and get him.

Wasn't Aish underwhelming in the Norwood GF win? Wasn't there another player of his age who tore it up?

oh and didn't Gybbs tear it up in the SNFL playing againts men. Now he is a spud?

While in my wildest dreams I can't see it happening, if we were to get pick 4, than we should just use it at the draft.  Mr Billings would look good in red and black.

oh and didn't Gybbs tear it up in the SNFL playing againts men. Now he is a spud?

Would take Gibbs in a heartbeat at Essendon. Just because the bloos have mismanaged him, doesn't change his ability.

While in my wildest dreams I can't see it happening, if we were to get pick 4, than we should just use it at the draft.  Mr Billings would look good in red and black.

I agree. I'll be pretty happy if we exit this trade period with a first round pick (assuming the deal was fair). If we managed to get a pick as high as 4 - even for the loss of Crameri and Gumby - I'd be ecstatic. I would rather keep Gumb, but if that's what it takes to get a deal done then so be it.

Interesting discussion on TR with the U18 SA coach about differences in player development between states. I think the advantage of being in a club environment like the SANFL, which allows kids to play and train with more mature players can make a big difference to how quickly players adapt to AFL footy. On the flip side, the TAC cup provides an opportunity to play against the best players in your age group in the country.

Interesting discussion on TR with the U18 SA coach about differences in player development between states. I think the advantage of being in a club environment like the SANFL, which allows kids to play and train with more mature players can make a big difference to how quickly players adapt to AFL footy. On the flip side, the TAC cup provides an opportunity to play against the best players in your age group in the country.

lot of WA boys on our list