AFL Trade Radio

Andrew Swallow is the poor mans Jobe, or was back his his heyday.

HS reporting Freo want pick 2 from GCS for Weller…

They had just offered him a 4yr extension so clearly rate him highly. Still under contract now. Freo obviously not happy about the request.

No way do GC give up pick 2

Surely will see it end up with Wilson, Matera, Weller all switching clubs and exchange of picks as required to make it work. GWS want a 15-20 for Wilson & GC will have 2 picks in that realm.

1 Like

And we’re hard to deal with?!

Isn’t he their captain LOL.

Gold Coasts reaction to this request

2 Likes

Someone stormed into someone’s office at North and said “how come no one is talking about us?” then they realised no one was in that office

13 Likes

Kids today wouldn’t get the phone box based jokes, would they?

2 Likes

Surely Freo give something back in exchange - would they exchange pick 5? There is no way it is straight pick 2.

I thought it was Josh Kelly

1 Like

They are just giving them a dose of their own Caddy medicine.

Jobe treated him like a poor man a couple of months ago too with that bone crunching tackle

1 Like

Then they realised that they haven’t tried to sack one of their 200 game champions this year yet.

2 Likes

Not sure why North would get rid of Swallow?! They don’t have anyone that actually wants to join them. Plenty of cap space!

1 Like

If I was Freo I’d have been starting at pick #2 as well. Young player that you rate enough to offer a 4 year extension. I wouldn’t be expecting this to happen with anything outside of about pick 8. Freo would reckon in 12 months when his contract is up they’ll have a better player to trade into a better draft.

Who the fark are norf spending their cap on? Waite?

Buying their own membership packs to prop up the numbers.

2 Likes

Obviously going to offer big money next year to get players. Surely Ben Brown would be on 4mil a year?

The problem is, big name players want to play along side other big name players.

North chuck their big names out the door, and complains that no players want to go to them purely for the money.

I think what it shows is that players aren’t moving just purely for the money.

2 Likes