AFL Trade Radio

No chance they would involve themselves to help us

More likely 16 & later pick to Lions for Schache and try get 2nd round back for Kennedy.

The WC pick swap will happen with Dogs IMO, hopefully finalized this afternoon.

They won’t help us they’re probably trying to get stringer themselves!

Doesent sound like theyre in a rush

Bulldogs are just delaying the inevitable. get it done already…

On TR Wallace and Purple are discussing Saints giving up pick 7&8 for a higher pick. They kept banging on about magic fairy dust points. Now I don’t fully get the MFDP setup but thought it only counted if you are selecting Academy/FS? So what does the points value matter to a team that isn’t using them?

Because the points for individual picks are a fair representation of picking a long-term best-22 player, from a frequentist perspective, relatively speaking. However, when combining two or more picks it’s not as simple as comparing the total to the single value of a higher pick, since while you are increasing the chances of selecting such a player by having more than one pick – like you would to roll a 1 using two dice rather than just one – you also have a chance of success with both (or more) picks, which you obviously don’t get with just one pick. But it’s probably close enough.

You’d reckon hanging onto two top 10 picks would be paramount unless rhere are absolute standouts at the very top.

Would I trade 7&8.

Sure… if I got back something like 2&15.

There is value in getting into the top 3 or 4 picks this year, and it doesn’t hurt to have a pick at the back end of the first round to grab any kid that you might have high on your list but they dropped.

Look at it like trading two “B” class picks for one “A” class plus one “C” class.

I’d be keeping 7 and 8 even if it was for Pick 1.

If Essendon had pick 1 this year would any of you trade it for 7 and 8?

Beat me to it.

On what planet is 1 pick lower than 7 better than 7+8?!

It’d be 1 or 2 and something bw 15 and 20. Who cares

Trade radio is like Audio blitz, full of speculative crap and ads!

3 Likes

Is why I rely on people like you to listen to it for me

3 Likes

Tony Lockett making a comeback as an Inside mid. Supposedly we are offering a future first rounder

I swear everytime I turn on Trade Radio I hear fcking ads.

2 Likes

In years where pick 1 is Tom schully and picks 7 & 8 are Brad Shepard and John Butcher…

1 Like

Cooney vs Kane Tenace and Raph Clarke
Goddard v Mackie and Luke Brennan

There are years, plenty of them, where the first round is full of duds who barely crack 50 games.
It’s very rare that there’s not a 200 game player at pick 1.

Where is Clive Waterhouse nowadays

2 Likes

Or Anthony Banik or Richard Lounder

1 Like

or Paddy McCartin

1 Like

GIBBS SET FOR CROWS

Carlton has agreed in principle to trade Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide.

Herald Sun trade expert Sam Landsberger understands the deal is all but complete with the move to help the Blues secure Giant Matt Kennedy and Cat Darcy Lang.

MORE TO COME …